What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Guitar Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Snarf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Reply with quote

Anyone here play any of these titles? Is anyone here as giddy as I am about the Rock the 80's pack coming out this Tuesday?
HSHP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Guitar Heroes are awesome games. I have them for the PS2 and have two guitars and it can rock. Unfortunately I am not giddy about Rock The 80s for a number of reasons. First, let me say that the material is awesome and when I first saw it coming out I was giddy. After reading up on it however, I found that there's nothing but the initial material. The set lists is all there is to play. No extra songs to buy. Don't know if there's no shop at all, but if that's the truth, maybe this should've been marketed as an expansion game rather than a solo game and not have the $50 price tag. Besides, I can't afford it anyway. I have to save up for the Legendary package of Halo 3.
King Snarf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There'll be guitars and stuff to buy, as well as the Grim Ripper in his 80's outfit (he's got a Flava Flav clock!). But yeah, it's somewhat sparse for $50. But I will buy; I gots to rock out to some Flock of Seagulls, Oingo Boingo, and Ratt. Besides, it very well may be the last GOOD Guitar Hero game, because GH3 could possibly get pwn3d this fall by Rock Band.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was about to ask what you guys thought of the new Rock Band game coming out. I've seen some early footage of some folks (I think they were part of the game staff) playing Guns N Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle", and it blew my mind.

I'm still too broke to buy the Guitar Heroes games, even though they look cool and I've definitely been interested in buying them for a while now. Rock Band will be even more expensive than the Guitar Heroes games, mostly because you'll be buying the guitar controllers, drum kit, and microphone with it. Make sure you've got enough friends who will chip in to buy that game...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
duo2nd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to play this game if I got a special controller and a PS2.
King Snarf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyPsycho wrote:
Yeah, I was about to ask what you guys thought of the new Rock Band game coming out. I've seen some early footage of some folks (I think they were part of the game staff) playing Guns N Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle", and it blew my mind.

Right now, "Welcome to the Jungle" has only been officially announced for Guitar Hero 3, though I've heard rumors....

Rock Band, on the other hand, has "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. AWESOME.
HSHP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duo2nd wrote:
I like to play this game if I got a special controller and a PS2.

Yeah, it's thousands of times better with the guitar controler (which you get when you buy the game) but you can play it with the standard controller. And I saw it in the Best Buy ad this morning and saw it's only $40. But then, almost all PS2 games now are $40. I'd pay $30 at the most.
King Snarf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on which GH you buy (1 or 2), it'll still run you between $70-80 for a new copy that comes with the guitar controller. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny in my opinion. I've gotten much more replay out of this than many other games put together.
Fox_Lupus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do so many people like that song "John the fisherman." It hurts my ears? >.< But it was a great call to have "Freebird" as the last song in GH2. I only use the x box360 controller so the ending of "Freebird" gets really interesting.
Fox_Lupus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Just wondering. Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, how many people on the thread use the controller instead of the guitar?
Tsavo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band is really well done. There are tons of little details that in my mind put in over the GH series. The difficulty is in line with GH2, which I prefer to the amped up GH3.
Fox_Lupus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is little difficulty in Rock Band?
Tsavo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say little difficulty. Drums destroy me. If you've played all the GH games though you probably noticed a difference in the way GH2 and GH3 played. GH3 seemed to amp the difficulty up by placing notes where they don't exist in the song. Rock Band's guitar portion plays more like GH1, 2, and 80s; which makes sense considering that Harmonix made those games and not GH3.
andreas123212321

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actuactualy got 98% on through fire and flames on GH3!

holy god! i can quit my job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: