What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Not Diminished pictoral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Not Diminished pictoral Reply with quote

Jeff, are you ready for some football? Seems like today's Superbowl game had a heavy influence on this month's pictoral...but then it does make a kind of sense to show Not Diminished "participating". I'm glad to see her finally win - she's been up there quite a while. I do believe that the first page is my favorite of the whole thing. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of the few shots I can think of that shows one of the babes actually standing flat-footed in tennis shoes, not up on her toes or in heels. She'd be a hit with the sideline photographers in that cheerleading getup! I also like the outfit she's wearing on pages 8 & 9. Of course, there's nothing wrong at all with her wearing nothing at all, like the majority of the pictoral. Wink

On another note, I also enjoyed the two pinups you posted a couple days ago. I was waiting for a giantess babe to show up, and I loved her. I did notice, though, that the two cars in the scene seemed to be out of porportion with each other and with her. I know you weren't going for serious detail, as this was just a pic to show off your skills and play around with another She-Bulk model. Faith and the dragon both look terrific. Thanks, Jeff!

Terry
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Ball Reply with quote

Actually, I won't be watching the game. Football doesn't do a whole lot for me, so I'm not all that into it. I'll check out Survivor All-Stars afterward, though!

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Eegore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Score! Reply with quote

Nice pictorial, Jeff. The combination of the firery red hair and the bright green eyes are striking. And the costume is sharp in its simplicity. The sheer material falling from her, er, nether regions was a good idea. Probably would have more impact if it had the shadows and folds of a drapery effect.

I also didn't watch much of the game, opting to do some domestic shopping instead (and boy, was it quiet out there). I did sit down to watch the last half of the last quarter, when things got veeeery interesting. Ah, the joys of parity! Most of the last few SBs have been good contests, and I'm convinced the homogenation of the league has a lot to do with that.

Cheerz!
E
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Super Exposure Reply with quote

Yeah, as soon as I heard about the top-ripping incident, I had to go online and check it out. I found a video and pictures at www.newsfilter.org

Wardrobe malfunction, my ass!

-Jeff

Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Newsfilter Reply with quote

Looks like Newsfilter is down at the moment. The pics and video are also at www.ehowa.com

-Jeff

hollow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: SuperBoob Sunday Reply with quote

Arrrrrrgh. I want to love the new pictorial, but I had a few beefs with it:

- Once again, here's a case of a beautiful new look replacing a beautiful old look, and me missing the old one. I loved the desktop picture of her holding the torch. The dark brown hair, CUTE face, and a petite figure. Now she's a busty, fiery redhead with green eyes. Which is gorgeous, mind you. Just not the same. She'd make a perfect Celtic queen if you ask me. (I can see changing the hair color to match the red of the flag - but if so, why are the eyes green rather than blue?)
- The hair's kinda wild. Props for the approach - she has this wonderful spirited appearance - but I look forward to improvements in the algorithm that positions the hair more realistically.
- Why does her eye color look different when she has the helmet on? Is the software taking lighting into account or something?

Still, like I said, she's gorgeous. I like the red white & blue outfit for her, and I like the transparent part, too. I think page 6 is my favorite. And BTW: big kudos for getting this one out on the 1st, and with ten pages to boot.

Janet's boob was overrated. That is all.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Boob-bowl Reply with quote

well- the news finally caught up to me... or rather i'm finally caught up with the news......

Was reading about the Janet Jackson boob thing on wired... kinda funny...

man her boobs actually look good... but wtf is that star on her nipple doing.. geesssshh

if you're gonna expose something to us... do it right!!!

Smile

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Boobs Reply with quote

I think it's funny that I keep reading about all the tens of thousands of outraged people over the boob incident. I have yet to encounter anyone who thinks of it as a bad thing. The only upset people I've seen were the ones who missed it!

It's just a boob folks. It won't hurt you...

-Jeff

hollow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: SQUBBngfffffff Reply with quote

That boob on the 50-ft. woman will.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: 10ft boob Reply with quote

Well what are the chances of a 50ft woman appearing at a boob bowl and squishin football players with her 10ft boob...

Smile

it will certainly raise eye brows and media attention....

btw- just thought i'd throw my compliments out there on that render!! it's great!! too bad Jeff didn't make a wall paper size render on that image....

now- what i'd like to see is the 50ft woman grab the guy and do something with him er...
it looks like he could actually fit somewhere... err... heh.. dirty thoughts...

i've actually seen a similar funny artwork- i think it was done by Raul Fernando-- where he has a pantyless girl playing with ken dolls and one doll had a condom covering him completely....

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
HSHP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Me too. Reply with quote

To help get us back on topic...

Hollow wrote...
"- Once again, here's a case of a beautiful new look replacing a beautiful old look, and me missing the old one. I loved the desktop picture of her holding the torch. The dark brown hair, CUTE face, and a petite figure. Now she's a busty, fiery redhead with green eyes. Which is gorgeous, mind you. Just not the same."

I have to agree. Just like the old Superior Girl (which can still be seen on the top banner and near the end of page 7 in the Pinup Gallery, of course this is just my opinion), the change just wasn't for the better. The old ND looked great! (Speaking of the old Not-Diminished, also on page 7 among other places, who is that first picture next to ND in the stars & stripes bikini holding a torch?) And, sometimes, the smiles look goofy, not just on ND, but on other girls as well. I don't think it's the smiles that are the problem, it's the teeth. Sometimes those toothy smiles make the girls have a "Duh" look. It's not problem every time, but it does happen enough to bother me.
hollow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Long technical screed follows. Reply with quote

The torch lady next to ND in the pinups is an unnamed test SFAIK.

I don't consider the new looks a step down for the most part. I hope Jeff will correct any points I make here, since he's the one with all the software, but here goes: The newer model wireframes, IIRC, are higher in resolution, as are the skin textures. So you can do more with them, without a lot of tweaking and postprod and correcting for elbows and knees not bending right. I'm guessing the ND with a torch wouldn't look so great in a few other poses. The downside is that the face wireframes often change too. They have more detail, but they also look a little different.

Go to www.actionbabecentral.com or some other 3D artwork sites. After a little while, you can start to tell which pictures were done with older models and older versions of Poser. They looked really cool when they first came out, but now they look dated. The skin tones tend to be monotonal. The poses look artificial, and the joints look wrong when bent. And good luck trying to make a facial expression other than the five or so that come with the model. Overall, I'm grateful for the newer models, and I believe the benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks.

It'd be nice to fix the drawbacks, though. Smile Faces seem to be a problem. The expressions don't quite look real, generally speaking. I get the impression that they were made by carefully manipulating the wireframe by computer, rather than, say, using motion capture on a real face.

Some of the problems I'm seeing with smiles: there's not much creasing of the face. In general, Poser's wireframes don't seem to handle creasing well. You can move them, rotate them, shear them, and stretch them, but you can't make a realistic crease appear in the model where there wasn't one before. Poser doesn't model muscle and fat, after all. (I wonder how they handled this problem in the Final Fantasy movie.) All this means that the upper lip won't curl, laugh lines won't form, and dimples won't appear. Maybe someone will create a much more interactive face in the future with support for things like wrinkles.

Also, I feel like there's not enough shadow on the teeth. I played with one of ND's pictures (page 6) in my paint program, and tried toning them down. They looked better (to me, at least) with the contrast turned down 50% to de-emphasize the lines between the teeth, and the brightness turned down 10% to simulate shadow. Same goes for the inside of the mouth. On page 1, for example, why is the roof of her mouth visible??

ND's pupils are weird on page 4. I can't quite put my finger on what the problem is. There seems to be a combination of things - no smile creases, eyes open maybe a bit too wide, and black and green just have this huge contrast that's hard to work with.

ND's hair needs more and finer strands. It also needs a better way of controlling how the strands are placed. On page 3, for example, the hair's all fanned out more or less evenly, except for one strand that crosses way over to the left. I'm guessing one has to drag each strand into position one-by-one, and a realistic look would require way too much effort. Ideally you'd like to at least tell the software whether the head (or whatever the hair's attached to) is spinning and/or moving, and how fast, and how fast the wind is blowing and from which direction, and have it take it from there.

Unfortunately, these problems also mean it's out of Jeff's control, unless he's got several thousand dollars and access to a lot of 3D modelling expertise. We just have to wait until someone solves the problems. Shouldn't be too long. After all, capturing skin texture is now easy enough that you can see a new one on sale at Renderosity practically every week.
HSHP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

SFAIK?

Also, interesting explination. Never even thought about the the fact they made a changeover for the models. Completely forgot. Definitely makes a difference between rendering a picture and rendering a poseable model. Though I never said it was "a step down", just that my personal opinion was that I liked the old version better. I'm glad someone else agrees with me about the smiles, even though you had more problems than I did. : P
hollow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Answer Reply with quote

So Far As I Know.

What can I say? I'm a stickler for detail. =)
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Software & Models Reply with quote

The newer models have a lot more polygons in the areas where it counts - joints, the face, hands, etc. They bend and flex a lot easier than thier ancestors, and can get into more extreme poses without the seams blowing apart. The older models looked good in a standing, relaxed position, but if you did something kneeling, or arms raised above the hard, wierd things started happening. The newer models have better texture maps, also, and we've been stockpiling a large selection of unique looks, so there won't be as much "same figure with a different hairstyle" instances.

Poser has some limitations with the models. When a person kneels, the muscles in the leg compress and change shape, but that doesn't happen with the current meshes. They try to simulate it, but there isn't a bone structure beneath the wireframe yet, and dynamics on the mesh. A bent knee looks totally different than a standing knee, and again, they come pretty close, but it's not as near the real deal as we'd like it to be.

I've been using Poser since version 1, and they've come a long way from being an artist's aid, to a tool to create art. It allows for some human figures to be rendered pretty fast, but no, it's not up to the level of Final Fantasy characters - yet. Over time, there will be new models and advancements in the way they bend and flex, and our site will take advantage of those moves forward too. Some of the conceptuals I did two years ago are pretty outdated now. I can only imagine what kind of art this software will be producing a few years from now, but I intend to find out!

Thanks for watching, and it's good to know you guys are paying attention to the details, both positive and those not-so-positive!

-Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: