What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

TMNT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: TMNT Reply with quote

Trailer for the new movie is up....

http://www.tmnt.com

Looks pretty darn cool.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Very Happy
*jumps up and down like an excited schoolgirl* I CAN'T WAIT!! TMNT is the whole reason I became a comicbook reading, toy collecting fanboy in the first place! I still have all of my old Ninja Turtle actionfigures that I collected when I was 7 or 8! Hell, who am I kidding, I went out and bought the new actionfigures as soon as they came out!

TURTLE POW-AAAAAAAH!!...

*panting* Okay, got that out of my system... Neat trailer...

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
HSHP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's been up for a while. Still kick ass to watch though. Gotta love Mikey as the comic relief.
masterjedi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey was ALWAYS the best one!!!
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that different people seem to gravitate to different turtles, and sometimes we start changing our favorites as our tastes change...

Most people love the Fun-Loving "Party-Dude" Michaelangelo, especially younger fans, because no matter how bad things get, he can usually manage to lighten the mood, and there's a sort of innocence about him; he was my favorite when I first got into TMNT waaaaay back in like '86.

Then there are the folks who love the more Hot-Headed "Angsty/Angry Guy" Raphael, who can perhaps sympathize with his frustrations and enjoy seeing him kick butt; he became my favorite when I was in my early teens, and the usual teen angst started to creep into my hormone-addled brain.

Leonardo is, of course, the more level-headed and serious turtle, and there's a sort of "genuine-ness" to him... he stays true to his heart and keep focused on his goals; I've started to respect his character more and more each day.

And, of course, there's Donatello, the techno-wiz-kid of the bunch... he's the quiet, forever curious character who doesn't always get the props he deserves, but the other brothers would be lost without his tech-savvy and his ability to think around many problems; I tend to think of him as the "Larry Fine" of the turtles... not really the "boss", but not the "goof" either, but somewhere in between.

Johnny's backstory
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked Leo and Donnie. Not that I have anything against the other Turtles, but I think I was drawn more to their weapons than their personalities.
Zimzunix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this one features the Triceratons, and most of that whole outerspace deal in the original story. I mean, what other reason is there to do a CG movie than to have tons of cool larger than life creatures and stuff? I wanted to see that Arena battle in action, it's so cool! Anyone else with me on this one?
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh... I think they'll just focus mostly on the whole Shredder/Foot Clan thing, that's the part of the story most people are used to seeing... They might alienate some fans by skipping ahead and introducing the Triceratons or the Utroms and stuff... i dunno, I think it seems more natural to deal with the whole ninja storyline first, then all the weirdness with the aliens... just my opinion, though...

It would be cool if they managed to fit Leatherhead in the movie, though... I doubt it'll happen, but it would still be cool...

Johnny's backstory
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from what I was reading, my understanding is they're redoing the first movie storyline almost...

I don't think they're going to do anything new with the aliens stuff.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Possible Spoilers Ahead! Maybe... Reply with quote

Oddly enough, Wikipedia has some information about the plot of the movie, and from what they say it seems like it's actually a sequel to the original movies.

Here's what Wikipedia had to say:
Quote:
After the defeat of their old arch nemesis, The Shredder, the Turtles have grown apart as a family. Struggling to keep them together, their rat sensei, Master Splinter, becomes worried when strange things begin to brew in New York City. Tech-industrialist Max Winters is amassing an army of ancient monsters, apparently to take over the world.

According to director Kevin Munroe's panel at San Diego Comic-Con: Leonardo has been traveling the world for the last year, honing his skills. While away, the other turtles are barred from leaving the lair by their Master Splinter, who wishes to keep the family together. However, Raphael has been scouring the streets at night, taking a page from his pal Casey Jones' book and mixing it up.

Meanwhile, it seems Michelangelo has taken a job as an entertainer at children's parties. A scene shown at comic-con has Mikey in a fake turtle costume, being attacked by the partygoing children, who give him a kick to the groin.

The final shot shown at Comic-Con was a grey-scale Leonardo and Raphael facing each other. As their weapons clash, the scene faded to black.

According to interviews at Comic Con, this film will follow the 2nd movie, but there will be nods to the animated series and previous films (including 3). It will be a "rebirth" film.

Also, Casey Jones and April O'Neil will return, with this film building on their romance in the first film.

It has been confirmed that The Shredder will not appear in the movie but Karai will be included.

So whether any of this will actually be in the film or not, I don't know, but it definitely sounds like a very interesting story.

Johnny's backstory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: