What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Webcam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
world09

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Webcam Reply with quote

Why Alley is your web cam so slow? I can't even enjoy it. Also please can you upgrade to a more expensive cam or is it not up to you. Who should I complain to about the speed of web cam? Please try to make the web cam flow smooth like on tv Ok.

Peace Smile
gthang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, did you ever think about refresh rates and connection speeds?

In order for a webcam to run in a manner similar to TV, you have to take into account the cam computer's performance and connection, as well as viewer computer's performance and connection types. If both computers had a dial-up connection, then obviously the webcam would be extremely slow.

If however, you had a broadband connection on a superfast computer capable of 1,000GHz (or 1 TeraHertz), and the cam computer had equally high-performance stats, connected via a fiber optic channel, then the webcam should (in theory anyway) be waaaaaay faster.

Other factors include the age of the webcam's drivers and the hardware itself, how much hard-disk space both computers have, and how many applications are running during the webcam session. Other factors, however minor or major, can contribute to the choppy webcam footage.

I haven't yet viewed a webcam session, so when's the next one?
world09

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gthang wrote:
uh, did you ever think about refresh rates and connection speeds?

In order for a webcam to run in a manner similar to TV, you have to take into account the cam computer's performance and connection, as well as viewer computer's performance and connection types. If both computers had a dial-up connection, then obviously the webcam would be extremely slow.

If however, you had a broadband connection on a superfast computer capable of 1,000GHz (or 1 TeraHertz), and the cam computer had equally high-performance stats, connected via a fiber optic channel, then the webcam should (in theory anyway) be waaaaaay faster.

Other factors include the age of the webcam's drivers and the hardware itself, how much hard-disk space both computers have, and how many applications are running during the webcam session. Other factors, however minor or major, can contribute to the choppy webcam footage.

I haven't yet viewed a webcam session, so when's the next one?

My computer is kind of old. Your response was informal, but when you try gthang to go in Alley chat seesion please tell me if your computer in a Alley chat session makes or sees any difference with the webcam with your computer or is it there site?
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let RICK CAGE respond to this topic/questions.

lots of love!

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
RickCage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refresh rates are set to I think 15/30 seconds for the webcam pics, so there not going to look smooth like tv. I agree she does need a new webcam, or just better lighting. Alley's more into chatting than the actual webcam part anyways. We'll see...

WebChief
http://www.alleybaggett.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: