What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

what in the world.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bag it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: what in the world..... Reply with quote

first, i wanted to say, i've been coming here for a long long time. i have never posted though. but the events of the last few days have made me feel compelled to speak out.

while i dont much like what the last guys had to say, this place has gone mad with censorship. i thought this was a community, not a group of people who look the same, think the same, and have the exact same views and opinions. you're damned if you dont conform to the status quo here. is that the image alley wants for herself? remember... by acting on her behalf on this site.. you are representing her. i find that hard to believe, as it would be a very sad day that someone admits to be so shallow.

please say it isnt so.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: what in the world..... Reply with quote

I deleted all of those postings that popped up today because they were obnoxious rude comments.

It wasn't censorship, they were not constructive. Your posting above is constructive. If a post is considered Slander remarks to hurt Alley's image and to cause a negative impact to the experience on this forum for those who read it, then it will get deleted. Do you think Alley is going to appreciate people jumping on this forum and directly insulting her. This is a community of Alley Baggett fans. If you don't have anything positive to say, keep it to yourself.

There is a huge difference between a single short posting saying "You're a moron." verus "I disagree with your opinion. Here's my opinion and my thoughts and views." In which you post a little more thought to it.

Basically, I've deleted the ones that I have identified to be trouble makers who did not contribute anything worth reading. Which I believe they were dragged over here from another forum, or the same guy just creating himself multiple accounts under different IPs.

If you guys want to express your opinons intelligently and state that you disagree with the forum rules, then do so in a civil and intelligent manner.

Secondly, it's Alley's Forum, and she can do whatever she chooses to with her forum.

You already know her forum rules. If you don't like it, and do not want to follow Alley's posted rules, then do not participate in the forum. Take a hike. Don't bother coming back and reading it. This forum is not the forum for you. There are many newsgroups, forums, BBS, and messageboards out there for you to join that is not run by Alley. Why do you keep coming back?

Why bother expressing your opinions or posting anything here if you think it's going to get deleted? Stop for a minute and ask yourself before you post. What is the intention of the post? If you know your posting is going to get you banned, why bother wasting your time? It'll be deleted.

If you have major issues about something, then go email Alley personally and discuss it over email because frankly I don't want to deal with it.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it any better, Ronald. THANKS!

Look bag it, we are not attacking you or anyone else out there. We just hope that you understand why things are the way they are. Like Ronald said....you can state your own opinion and disagree all you want...so long as you don't insult someone and start being rude to others. That is not why the forum is here. This is not the place to start or have a fight. No one came here to get pissed and have their heart rate go up...

It's not being shallow....its being thoughtful of other people's feelings who are also here to enjoy the postings/board. Like I said in the rules posting: This is not your typical message board because it belongs to a person not some newsgroup or whatever else that's out there. If some people wouldn't be JERK OFF's then there wouldn't be a need for such rules...but they are....so then...rules have to exsist.

We've received tons of emails from people who have been on the board from the beginning and who have wanted us to move the board over to the loyal members section of my site or to BAN, DELETE this particular person's rude and unpleasant postings. They want something to be done about this behavior. So we have to listen and take these people's feelings into consideration. Again, because it's a person's forum....there are A LOT of feelings involved. Why would we want to promote and invite negative bad people with negative bad comments? We want to promote and invite people who have a point, who can be respectful of their view and others too and just have some damn common courtesy for others. That's all. I think you can share your own unique opinion and view without being RUDE or disrespectful, right? It is possible, you know.

An example:
Someone on the board had asked me about religion, the war, who I voted for and such.... Well, I answered his questions...truthfully and he answered with his own views....some people joined in with their own two cents and views on the topic...but because we all knew the sensitivity of this topic....we ALL made sure we said..I don't mean to offend anyone. That was common courtesy...for example.

You know we don't always have to talk about sex, my photos or whatever the norm is. It's up to you to come up with some interesting stuff to ask and talk about. Now....are you more than what you think you are....the same as everyone else? If so, prove it and show me. Give me some interesting talk... Very Happy

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
Jake25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good grief.. Crazy stuff the last few days.

I for one am not sure what to say anymore. Those rules are kind of crazy.

That being said, being the owner of a few boards, you have to have rules, but usually they're just "dont post dicks", "no flaming", ect...
For instance, I only have one rule on my forum, and it works well. "Dont be a dick" Simple, but to the point.

This one's kinda weird.

#2: You are only allowed to share positive comments with me and with others!

I mean, people make fun of me all the time at my place. My head was just recently photochopped on a girls body. Ha. If you cant laugh and make fun of yourself, what have you got?

But, it is Alley's forum, and she makes the rules. I just hope it doesnt affect her image.
mt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Not talk about Alley and Sex? Aah, ok. 1, 2, 3, 4, Aahh!. That was the scariest 5 seconds... Laughing

Let's leave the deep subject matter until after we do the "nasty" and are laying in bed smoking a cig, recooping for round 2. Twisted Evil
Jake25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say this.

I used to check in here every 5 days or so, to see what's up. The last few days however, I've been here nearly every chance I could. Ha. Although rude as hell, that Jimmy guy was entertaining. I can give him that.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake25 wrote:
This one's kinda weird.
#2: You are only allowed to share positive comments with me and with others!

I'm sure Alley will relax and bend on that rule later. It is something she posted up quickly because she was upset with the negative postings lately.

Negative comment:
I'm not happy with the crap that is going on lately.

I don't think I'm going to get banned for saying that. Smile

I think that rule will end up getting changed to something like...
"#2 Don't start flame wars..."
or
"#2: You are only allowed to share constructive comments with me and with others!"

-R

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Jake25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ Kewl. Very Happy
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake25:

I guess I do need to change the wording a bit for rule #2. People are taking what I'm saying in a technical sense. I don't care if you say you think this certain movie sucks or whatever....MY POINT is say what you want...BUT DON'T attack anyone or freakin be rude or disrespectful. That's it. It's not that hard. Jake25 did you read what I posted above? I guess it is my bad though....and I need to change the wording a bit on #2.

I don't want to give people the wrong impression. That is not my intention.

My only intention is to not have AHOLES in here bashing others for the sake of a good laugh because it's not cool and not funny. I for one though....love smart ass humor and love to poke fun here or there. There's nothing wrong with that. I think you can probably tell by now....what exactly annoyes us all more than anything....so I wont state it again.

But Jake25, Thanks for your post and for your opinion! I can only make things better if I know on what's on your mind.

Thanks again.

Jake25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:
Jake25:

I guess I do need to change the wording a bit for rule #2. People are taking what I'm saying in a technical sense. I don't care if you say you think this certain movie sucks or whatever....MY POINT is say what you want...BUT DON'T attack anyone or freakin be rude or disrespectful. That's it. It's not that hard. Jake25 did you read what I posted above? I guess it is my bad though....and I need to change the wording a bit on #2.

I don't want to give people the wrong impression. That is not my intention.

My only intention is to not have AHOLES in here bashing others for the sake of a good laugh because it's not cool and not funny. I for one though....love smart ass humor and love to poke fun here or there. There's nothing wrong with that. I think you can probably tell by now....what exactly annoyes us all more than anything....so I wont state it again.

But Jake25, Thanks for your post and for your opinion! I can only make things better if I know on what's on your mind.

Thanks again.

lol

That's cool, whatever you think is best. I'm just trying to give a few pointers. I've "been there, done that".

There was a time when I was booting about 5 people a week from my place. And, believe me, it's a no holds bar run over there, so they were REALLY F'in up.
As a matter of fact, I removed a post about you yesturday. Kinda wierd how it slipped that far from here, but oh well.
Someone was asking about it here.
http://www.jake25.com/News/showthread.php?t=10876

(You guys can remove this if you want. I can care less about traffic, just wanted to point it out)

Also, I temp. opened that part of the forum up, so you can see it without registering.

Jake

Last edited by Jake25 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
bag it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: what in the world..... Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

It wasn't censorship, they were not constructive. Your posting above is constructive. If a post is considered Slander remarks to hurt Alley's image and to cause a negative impact to the experience on this forum for those who read it, then it will get deleted. Do you think Alley is going to appreciate people jumping on this forum and directly insulting her. This is a community of Alley Baggett fans. If you don't have anything positive to say, keep it to yourself.

There is a huge difference between a single short posting saying "You're a moron." verus "I disagree with your opinion. Here's my opinion and my thoughts and views." In which you post a little more thought to it.

i seem to have found the problem without having to look too terribly far. unfortunately ronald, it appears the moron stick has beaten you a little senseless, not the other way around.

in essence, you have just stated that unless you maintain a certain amount of education, and are able to speak fluently, and 100% non-obtrusively, you are not wanted. you are telling people that are not able to express themselves to a standard that you see fit, that not only are they not wanted, but they don't even exist in alley baggetts eyes. can you not see the hypocritical bullshit surrounding what you're doing? and quite frankly, as i stated before, regardless of who owns the site, or for what reasons they are done... thats what it boils down to, and that is what will be sticking to her name.

How you became the person in this position, i am not sure either. I run a forum with over 50,000 members that recieved 1.5 - 2 million unique visitors per day, and if there is one word of advice that i can offer, its what you are doing is the absolute LAST THING YOU DO when confronted with this situation. i have read some of those peoples postings (although im sure not all, as they are being deleted faster than i am online to see) and not all are as you say "pointless and unconstructive". some were merely stating a difference of opinion on rules. some were as you stated though. think for a moment if you will, without becoming so scared that the ban button is the only thing you see, and put yourself in that situation. why are they here? if they are making a post like that, surely they know they are going to get banned, right? and when they turn around and come right back after you ban them, who looks like the moron? are you not just adding fuel into the same fire you are trying to extingiush? who's the moron now?

unfortunately, a huge section of my mebership visits your site. i have no idea how many are paying members. i can say that the thread that was started about just this topic has grown rather large, and unfortunately, the heavy majority (to the tune of only around 4 to 5 people) share the same view as i have shared with you here, and some even taking it a step further, by stating that this conflict has shown some peoples true colors, and that they would rather not be a part of it. i hate to tell you, but if the "assholes" that were doing this were trying to destroy your site, you just let them do it.

Last edited by bag it on Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total
bag it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i just noticed that you censored me as well??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i posted in the other thread about this forum becoming a paid member only section, and asked wasnt there another post here before. thats been swiftly removed. was that not constructive enough? how dare i ask a question that raises a flag or alerts others to what you are doing?

thank you. i was on the fence before, but now i think you're helped to show me which side i should be supporting.
Jake25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I agree with some of what Bag it's saying. There were definitely some good constructive thought provoking posts I read, that were later deleted. They may have been a bit controversial for some of the people here (I've noticed a few people are very sensitive) but they were by no mean degrading, or slanderous.

This is why I originally stated that I wasn’t sure what to say anymore.

Personally I can tell you, that not all of Alley's fans think the same.
bag it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:
I couldn't have said it any better, Ronald. THANKS!

Look bag it, we are not attacking you or anyone else out there. We just hope that you understand why things are the way they are. Like Ronald said....you can state your own opinion and disagree all you want...so long as you don't insult someone and start being rude to others. That is not why the forum is here. This is not the place to start or have a fight. No one came here to get pissed and have their heart rate go up...

It's not being shallow....its being thoughtful of other people's feelings who are also here to enjoy the postings/board. Like I said in the rules posting: This is not your typical message board because it belongs to a person not some newsgroup or whatever else that's out there. If some people wouldn't be JERK OFF's then there wouldn't be a need for such rules...but they are....so then...rules have to exsist.

We've received tons of emails from people who have been on the board from the beginning and who have wanted us to move the board over to the loyal members section of my site or to BAN, DELETE this particular person's rude and unpleasant postings. They want something to be done about this behavior. So we have to listen and take these people's feelings into consideration. Again, because it's a person's forum....there are A LOT of feelings involved. Why would we want to promote and invite negative bad people with negative bad comments? We want to promote and invite people who have a point, who can be respectful of their view and others too and just have some damn common courtesy for others. That's all. I think you can share your own unique opinion and view without being RUDE or disrespectful, right? It is possible, you know.

An example:
Someone on the board had asked me about religion, the war, who I voted for and such.... Well, I answered his questions...truthfully and he answered with his own views....some people joined in with their own two cents and views on the topic...but because we all knew the sensitivity of this topic....we ALL made sure we said..I don't mean to offend anyone. That was common courtesy...for example.

You know we don't always have to talk about sex, my photos or whatever the norm is. It's up to you to come up with some interesting stuff to ask and talk about. Now....are you more than what you think you are....the same as everyone else? If so, prove it and show me. Give me some interesting talk... Very Happy

I dont even know where to begin here.

"Not mean to offend anyone"... but you seem halfway intelligent. i think we can agree that most are here to wack off, nothing more. intelligent conversation to them is about as handy as sandpaper and ez-glide. there are the mindless drones that have proposed to you (thats always good for a chuckle) and profess their love on a per minute basis. nothing wrong with those people... hey.. if you want to do it, more power to you. i dont think shes going to accept your marriage proposal on a message board... but good luck. now... for the rest of us alley, the people that have a life outside of their personal shrine to you, and come here merely to shoot the shit with someone of your stature... being censored, and the overbearing gestapo mentality moderators, especially to this magnitude, will most undoubtedly be the reason we leave.

maybe its better for you to have the sappy guys that propose to you every 5 seconds... my bet is they probably spend more. but if thats all you want as your fan base, keep going down the path you are on. if you would like a well rounded group... where there is room for everyone... then you have to be open to everyone, and not just the people that agree with your views, or fall into line and conform to the status quo.

and so you are telling me, that in order to get done what you want, we need to flood your email with complaints and gripes? ive got 50,000 members, jake looks like he has a few thousand as well... trust me, you dont want that. i get enough whiney bitchy email to fill a dumpster every day... (quite literally... 3200 per day avg and counting) and the moment you openly admit to this, you are going to open yourself up to a world of hurt.

i think i may have narrowed down the problem though... the people complaining here are obviously the same group of people that made the formal complaints to the fcc about janets boob, and the monday night football clip from desperate housewives. you guys need to realize that this is the new age... the world is not here to cater to your needs only, and you are going to have to learn how to live with others views, and do so with a bit of understanding, or you will without a doubt, censor yourself out of existence.

people... this is the internet. this is a message board. when you start becoming offended by something said on it, its time to unplug, and walk away for a while.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bag it wrote:
i posted in the other thread about this forum becoming a paid member only section, and asked wasnt there another post here before. thats been swiftly removed. was that not constructive enough? how dare i ask a question that raises a flag or alerts others to what you are doing?

I may have inadvertantly deleted some posting with out reading it as it was a ton of postings that were obviously obnoxious. So if I accidently deleted your posting, then my bad.

And it may have been that Alley might have deleted them as well- because she was sick of reading something.

Given the fact that we were bombarded with meaningless postings and rude comments by first time posters. They appeared off the bat, disruptive, and thus deleted.

Also- I'm doing what Alley has requested me to do on HER forum. So if you have a problem with something, please take it up with Alley. There was a couple of postings that I decided not to delete, and I commented on them and locked the thread. But Alley decided to delete them, and again it is her forum, and so I'm going to support her decision. She just wants to maintain a site that is a positive experience for herself (most important!) and her fans. If she's not happy coming online to this forum then she's going to end up not running it anymore.

If you guys feel the need to bash Alley, don't do it here, go somewhere else.

Now- I didn't say you had to have a certain amount of education. I just stated there is a difference between the two ways of expressing yourself on this forum. The difference in what I said.... is the comment, "You're a moron." Which breaks the rule for being rude. I don't know how you run your forum, but on most forums, requesting that the posters be respectful and not rude to others is a reasonable rule. "You're Gay", "You're a moron", etc... I'd say is rude, and secondly is a start for flames...

I was pointing out that expressing an opinion in a manner that is polite shows that you have put some thought into it.

bag it wrote:
unfortunately, a huge section of my mebership visits your site. i have no idea how many are paying members. i can say that the thread that was started about just this topic has grown rather large, and unfortunately, the heavy majority (to the tune of only around 4 to 5 people) share the same view as i have shared with you here, and some even taking it a step further, by stating that this conflict has shown some peoples true colors, and that they would rather not be a part of it. i hate to tell you, but if the "assholes" that were doing this were trying to destroy your site, you just let them do it.

I don't know what site you're running, but it must be pretty small. You claim a "huge section" of your membership visits here. And that the "heavy majority" equals to 4-5 people. Then you have a pretty darn small site. And you're suggesting that we let "assholes" walk all over this forum. I fail to see the logic in this. They should go somewhere else and be assholes.

Let's go with the bottom line, we run the board, we do whatever we see fit. If somebody is being a Dick, then that's the end of that. (I like your rule the best, Jake25.)

I don't know what the problem or conflict you're having here. What is the problem??

So- I'm guessing you have a problem with Alley's Rules? And how she chooses to run the board??

What exactly is the problem here? The rules that Alley have on her board are her rules and if these guys that you're talking about have a problem with it, then they shouldn't be here. 4 or 5 guys? You say? Well... they're bad apples... If they're fans who just feel the need to get their kicks by making Alley and the rest of the fans upset, then that is just not wanted here. “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

And last- I would like to point out that this is Alley's first messageboard. She's still unfamilar with the ups and downs of running a forum. Please guys, give her a break. Over time, I'm sure Alley will be adjusting her rules as she goes along. These rules that she threw up was because she was really upset by the activities on this forum.

She didn't mention "Spamming", "Trolling", or "Flaming" in her rules. Which will probably get added soon. There were alot of posts that were just trolling.

Here I'll copy and paste what the above entails:
-Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
-Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
-Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
-Making non-constructive posts

NOW...

Is there anything else you would like to say to come to a resolution to this discussion thread?

-R

bag it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

I may have inadvertantly deleted some posting with out reading it as it was a ton of postings that were obviously obnoxious. So if I deleted your posting, then my bad.

And it may have been that Alley might have deleted them as well- because she was sick of reading something.

Given the fact that we were bombarded with meaningless postings and rude comments by first time posters. They appeared off the bat, disruptive, and thus deleted.

you deleted my post, and then posted right behind it. i find your "oops" explanation a little ridiculous. meaningless? disruptive? i asked a simple question without offending anyone, or causing any turmoil.... "what happened? wasnt there a post here before?" - when you find the disruptive part of my post, let me know.

moving on....

Ronald wrote:

Now- I didn't say you had to have a certain amount of education. I just stated there is a difference between the two ways of expressing yourself on this forum. The difference in what I said.... is the comment, "You're a moron." Which breaks the rule for being rude. I don't know how you run your forum, but on most forums, requesting that the posters be respectful and not rude to others is a reasonable rule. "You're Gay", "You're a moron", etc... I'd say is rude, and secondly is a start for flames...

"you're a moron" is breaking the rules for being RUDE???? wow! then crossfire, or meet the press, or even the playboy channel are some of the rudest places in the world!!! please attempt to remove the corn cob from your butt. its making you anal. even if you want to deem that as a rude statement thats over the line... i HARDLY think that is grounds for banning and or deleting a post / thread. regardless, there were several threads deleted that merely stated a difference of opinion with the rules. how do those fit into the same category here?

Ronald wrote:

I don't know what the problem or conflict you're having here. What is the problem??

its pretty simple... i have been watching your actions on this board, and the actions of whomever it is that keeps deleting accounts, deleting threads, deleting posts... and i see a path that i dont want any part of anymore. im not a "fan" of anybody really... except alley. and its a sad day when i would rather walk away and not come back to her site, than sit hear and listen to bs like this attempting to explain why they feel censorship is necessary. if you want a members only community where everything is fluffy clouds and moonbeams, then for gods sake just say so, and those of us that havent proposed to alley yet this week, and still have a brain left in our heads, will gladly walk away and take our admiration, love for alley, and money with us.

Ronald wrote:

Let's go with the bottom line, we run the board, we do whatever we see fit.

actually... you probably wouldnt have much to run if it werent for the people coming here... maybe you should take their opinion into consideration a little more. also, please see previous statement about nazi gestapo moderation. that statement embodies everything i said.

Ronald wrote:

She just wants to maintain a site that is a positive experience for herself (most important!) and her fans. If she's not happy coming online to this forum then she's going to end up not running it anymore.

please alley tell me that this ronald guy is talking out of his ass, and you do put your posting members and fans before your own wants on a WEBSITE BUILT FOR THEM.

ronald, i mean this in the nicest way possible... between the previous statement quoted and this one... you're a moron. i'm sorry, but there is no other way to put it. you are the guy at the back of the class that the teacher has to slap the shit out of for being so ridiculous.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your opinions of me "bag it". I have nothing further to say to continue the flames. There's obviously a gap or misunderstanding somewhere and we may just have a difference in opinions.

I don't want to spend too much more of my time on this as I'm not paid enough to continue with this and it doesn't affect my feelings. You've said some valid reasonable comments. You've stated that I'm a moron and backed it up with some of your constructive thoughts. (Weather I agree or disagree, it's constructive.) Had you stated I'm a moron in a single post with nothing else, I'd say that's pretty rude.

On different terms "bag it" I will probably side with you on alot of your points and how you might handle things. But again, some of my actions were requests of Alley because it is HER Forum and HER rules. And as she stated, this is not your typical forum. Call it "nazi gestapo moderation" or whatever you would like. I understand where she is coming from and I'm going to support her and I'm going to do what she ask of me. Hopefully, Alley and her fans do not get offended by your comments or mine and leave this posting up. I'm going to leave it but Alley may choose to delete it. That's going to be for her to decide.

So this topic thread is a discussion on Alley's Rules, and how the board is being moderated. And I hope this thread remains and resolved and locked so that if it gets brought up again, we'll just redirect people to this topic.

I'll let you know this. For me, I rarely, like to delete postings. I like to keep everything, or lock it if it gets out of hand. Why? As it only generates more text for search engines. Smile But if Alley chooses to delete them that is her choice. I actually thought the posting by Jimmy with all the "How far will you go" was rather interesting and funny. Too bad it got deleted because I was going to answer it. Oh well.

I admire and respect your efforts in representing your views and the views for others. I definitely see your points and I think I may have expressed myself in a way that can be misunderstood. I apologize.

I have a pretty thick shell, I can handle it.

Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake25 wrote:
I think I agree with some of what Bag it's saying. There were definitely some good constructive thought provoking posts I read, that were later deleted. They may have been a bit controversial for some of the people here (I've noticed a few people are very sensitive) but they were by no mean degrading, or slanderous.

This is why I originally stated that I wasn’t sure what to say anymore.

Personally I can tell you, that not all of Alley's fans think the same.

Hi Jake25. I may have missed some postings that got deleted by the other moderators. And for whatever reason it got deleted, it's gone now.

I do recall seeing a few constructive posting myself that lead to flames and I resolved them and locked them. And it got deleted. Oh well.

Alley knows that I like to keep things good or bad... Lock the bads so it gets pushed down the list and redirect others to the topic if it comes up again. That's why Alley made that comment in her announcement about deciding to keep negative posts. The postings that got deleted intentionally, unintentionally, or regrettably intentionally, are all gone now. No used in crying over spilled milk.

Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: what in the world..... Reply with quote

bag it wrote:
How you became the person in this position, i am not sure either. I run a forum with over 50,000 members that recieved 1.5 - 2 million unique visitors per day, and if there is one word of advice that i can offer, its what you are doing is the absolute LAST THING YOU DO when confronted with this situation. i have read some of those peoples postings (although im sure not all, as they are being deleted faster than i am online to see) and not all are as you say "pointless and unconstructive". some were merely stating a difference of opinion on rules. some were as you stated though. think for a moment if you will, without becoming so scared that the ban button is the only thing you see, and put yourself in that situation. why are they here? if they are making a post like that, surely they know they are going to get banned, right? and when they turn around and come right back after you ban them, who looks like the moron? are you not just adding fuel into the same fire you are trying to extingiush? who's the moron now?

Okay. Man I know I said I wouldn't spend any more time on this... but ahh what the hell... I decided to re-read your posting to make heads or tails about what you're saying because somethings get deleted by the others that I've lost track of what you were talking about.

I think you're referring to the one posting by Jimmy_3, in which he wrote a constructive and sensitive posting about Alley's rules #1 and #2. Then your comment above is starting to make sense to me now.

Yes- I agree that it was constructive. Did Jimmy try to come back over and over recreating accounts that I decided to delete in a series of postings. Yes. That was me as well in banning him multiple times and deleting all of his comments. I'm honest and I won't lie or blame somebody else of my actions. I actually thought that posting was constructive. And it was a bit insensitive towards Alley.

Well- Let me defend myself before you start claiming that I'm a bad moderator and Alley can back me up on this one. I am running this forum on Alley's behalf and while I may not agree with some of the rules or reasons behind deleting things, she has explicitly requested that she wanted Jimmy banned and any accounts he decides to create- and she doesn't care to have any of his new postings up. With that said, I did what I was told. And the fact that I thought it was constructive, I did copy and paste and emailed it to her.

I also emailed Jimmy privately, an email to tell him to take it up with Alley over email about the rules. I don't know if he got the email or not because I'm sure he created multiple anonymous email accounts just to get a posting account, that he probably didn't check that email.

So hopefully with that bit of information above, you can cut me some slack here.

tezmania123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not see what is so hard to comprehend and understand as to what Alley Baggett is saying. This is HER site and forum and she can choose whatever rules she likes to govern her site and if people do not like it, so be it, where does it say that she has to run her forum like some others do? its her rules and if you don't like them, it's a cliche to say it but TOUGH. You can by all means express your views and opinions but what she has clearly said over and over again is that if you are going to be insulting rather than making your point sensibly then that is unacceptable. I don't see why if you are talking dross and using expletives if she doesnt like it then she has every right to edit whatever she chooses, BECAUSE THAT IS HER RIGHT.
This forum was created for her fans and those that support her is it unreasonable then to expect people to making glowing remarks/compliments to her rather than the opposite and in fact you would have to imagine what she could have done to warrant such negative remarks because 99.99% of people will jsut see her pictures and see how sexually appealling and beautiful she is. i mean if i saw someone i didnt like i wouldn't want to see them again and i certainly would not imagine for example of posting a negative remark to tell someone i do not like them. i would not my time because it would be pointless.
bag it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tez mania wrote:
i do not see what is so hard to comprehend and understand as to what Alley Baggett is saying. This is HER site and forum and she can choose whatever rules she likes to govern her site and if people do not like it, so be it, where does it say that she has to run her forum like some others do? its her rules and if you don't like them, it's a cliche to say it but TOUGH. You can by all means express your views and opinions but what she has clearly said over and over again is that if you are going to be insulting rather than making your point sensibly then that is unacceptable. I don't see why if you are talking dross and using expletives if she doesnt like it then she has every right to edit whatever she chooses, BECAUSE THAT IS HER RIGHT.
This forum was created for her fans and those that support her is it unreasonable then to expect people to making glowing remarks/compliments to her rather than the opposite and in fact you would have to imagine what she could have done to warrant such negative remarks because 99.99% of people will jsut see her pictures and see how sexually appealling and beautiful she is. i mean if i saw someone i didnt like i wouldn't want to see them again and i certainly would not imagine for example of posting a negative remark to tell someone i do not like them. i would not my time because it would be pointless.

did you read any of this thread before blurting out that jibberish? that is the entire point here... the opinions stated WERE well thought out, and were not offensive, but because they contradicted alleys (or whoever... i guess everyone is pointing fingers at the other person now) views, those opposing views were quickly and quietly deleted, and the people who made those statements, were banned.

simply put, cause you seem to have a hard time following along here, if alley wants to run her forum like that, fine. let us know. we'll leave. but dont sit there and crontradict yourself by welcoming different opinions and thoughtful conversation, and then play hitler and delete it all if it does not conform to your way of thinking. if that is indeed the case... just say it. the people that have a problem here (which i really dont know how many as their accounts keep getting deleted, but judging from what ive seen, around half of whats here) im sure will exit stage left and get the hell out of everyones way so we can have more threads of marriage proposals and whatever other nonsensical burst of emotion you have when beating off to alleys pictures. those threads are great! Shocked
tezmania123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you read any of the previous threads that you were on about before you launched your inane postings > i guess not because you were talking gibberish. if your not planning on saying something positive or with any clarity then don't say it. reading through all your posts was like a hard days work in itself and i have got a headache now.

bag it wrote:
the opinions stated WERE well thought out, and were not offensive, but because they contradicted alleys (or whoever... i guess everyone is pointing fingers at the other person now) views, those opposing views were quickly and quietly deleted, and the people who made those statements, were banned

if you think the previous postings were well thought out, you must be the only one (apart from the one who did them) and there were no 'opposing views' you moron just slanderous and insulting comments. and like i said this is alleys site and forum and she can create whatever rules she likes. do you want someone to say that slow enough so it registers in your brain?

bag it wrote:
simply put, cause you seem to have a hard time following along here, if alley wants to run her forum like that, fine. let us know. we'll leave. but dont sit there and crontradict yourself by welcoming different opinions and thoughtful conversation, and then play hitler and delete it all if it does not conform to your way of thinking

yes of course she wants to run her forum like this, that is why she has got her rules up, i dont think she needs another posting to explain what she means by those rules???? does she. of course we welcome different opinions and thoughtful conversation but not as alley said insulting comments. and stop using euphusims like 'hitler' and she is not asking anyone to confirm to her way of thinking at all. dont be riduculous, like i said she has a right to do what she wants. god, wat is so hard to understand?????

bag it wrote:
which i really dont know how many as their accounts keep getting deleted, but judging from what ive seen, around half of whats here

and it's not half. like its been said 3 or a few.

like it was also said, if you are going to say something negative then say it but say it P R O P E R L Y.
tezmania123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND AT 7.20 IN THE MORNING YOU GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN SIT ON YOUR PC REPLYING TO A REPLY TO A REPLY TO A REPLY BEFORE THAT AND SO ON THAT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE....
bag it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before i go too far... tez... please learn how to quote. it makes it easier for those trying to follow along.

tez mania wrote:

if you think the previous postings were well thought out, you must be the only one (apart from the one who did them) and there were no 'opposing views' you moron just slanderous and insulting comments. and like i said this is alleys site and forum and she can create whatever rules she likes. do you want someone to say that slow enough so it registers in your brain?

hmmm... i believe that your moderator or site admin agreed with my statements, and in fact went as far as to say he would not have removed them. you apparently did not see the threads in question, or are a registered participant in the special olympics, at which point, i can see how you missed it, and apologize for your shortcomings.

tez mania wrote:

yes of course she wants to run her forum like this, that is why she has got her rules up, i dont think she needs another posting to explain what she means by those rules???? does she. of course we welcome different opinions and thoughtful conversation but not as alley said insulting comments. and stop using euphusims like 'hitler' and she is not asking anyone to confirm to her way of thinking at all. dont be riduculous, like i said she has a right to do what she wants. god, wat is so hard to understand?????

again doofus... you completely blew by the fact that we are not discussing the assholes that have popped up, but the others that had something to say other than the obvious that has everyone so upset. ACCORDING TO HER OWN RULES, THERE WAS NO REASON TO DELETE THIS POSTS, OR BAN THESE PEOPLE... your admin has confirmed that was his view as well.

tez mania wrote:

and it's not half. like its been said 3 or a few.

ive seen more than that, and i know ive missed some as ive heard others talking about them when i resturn. ive seen 5 or so people with well thought out posts, and merely with differing opinions, get deleted, and banned. maybe you just mis-spoke.. its ok... i forgive you.

tez mania wrote:
AND AT 7.20 IN THE MORNING YOU GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN SIT ON YOUR PC REPLYING TO A REPLY TO A REPLY TO A REPLY BEFORE THAT AND SO ON THAT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE....

you posted twice, then didnt have the intelligence enough to realize that i might be in another time zone than you? it was 9:20 in the morning when i posted that here.

i can see that arguing an intelligent point isnt your strong suit, so rather than beat up on the handicapped, i will just wish you a good day, and good luck with whatever it is you are doing. please leave the discussion to the adults here and go back to drooling on yourself, or picking your nose, or whatever it is you people do for amusement.
tezmania123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm your so intelligent... you really know how to make a point. can i really be bothered to get into a debate with you. no because your a bigot and by your comments obviously you have no thought of others...and your not a real man.
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bag it and Jake25:

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion which I do respect. This is your view on this situation and that's fine.

Jake25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Wow. Bag It has some interesting views.

I too, like Ronald, enjoyed a lot of Jimmy's posts. If I recall correctly, he wasn’t rude at first, he just didn’t believe Alley when she said she... well, you know.

After he posted that, a bunch of people jumped on his case, and he started defending himself. I'm not sure why they jumped on his case though. I admit, I was tempted, but then realized it was none of my business.

Alley, or another Mod could have easily just answered his question, and he may have been done posting. However by everyone perpetuating the situation by antagonizing him, it's what probably kept him on for so long. I read a majority of everything he said, and he only starting getting rude, after people were rude to him. I’m not trying to defend his actions in so many words, but if people are looking to blame someone, perhaps they shouldn’t look to far.

This place should relax a little. A lot happened over the last few days, and everyone is wound up right now. Threads/posts were probably deleted that shouldn’t have been. OK.

People started bashing others (including long term members here) who they shouldn’t have. OK.

It's done. Live and learn. Will it happen again?
Probably.

Next time it does, when someone comes here and asks a question, will the same thing happen again?
I hope not. Like I said, long standing members here jumped on someone's case, and perpetuated a situation that probably could have easily been resolved by a few posts. Perhaps next time, people should leave the Modding to the Mods.

Oh, and I don’t know if anyone knows this or not, but Taz said something that I completely forgot about.
Not to toot my own horn, but it was because of me, that this place exists. I don’t know if Ronald remembers or not, but it's true. I suggested to him a looooong time ago when the sexyfighters forum was up, to create a place just for Alley fans. He talked to her about it, and presto. I then suggested she move it to here. Bam..

Thank you..
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I can draw this topic to a close and summarize this for everybody so they can skip all of the above gibberish being passed back and forth.

1. bag it and a maybe a few others, disagrees with some of the rules of this forum and they feel that this is fluffy land. They are upset that their postings got deleted (non-constructive or constructive.)

2. Alley, the moderators, and a large marjority of others would not like to see insulting, rude, disrespective comments, and anything they feel that is considered a negative exprience for visiting this forum.

Does that about summarizes it?

I'm going to repeated it again on Alley's behalf (because it should be clear already) and if you wish to interpret this in some other way, then please do not come back. This is ALLEY'S forum. She can choose to do whatever she wants. When you registered, you "agreed" to this simple little text:

Registration Agreement Terms wrote:
"You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit."

This was stated on the Registeration Agreement Terms. This is BEFORE you registered and BEFORE being allowed to post. Please go back and read the terms of the registeration again. It's a pretty damn standard rule for joining any forum. If you don't like it, you know the door, you know where the close button to your browser is. Don't come back.

Before I lock this thread. If anybody has anything else further to say, do so in one last closing remark that hopefully does not need a reply.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what in the hell is going on here? noob logs in for the first time and sees this....not a real friendly site? i hope theirs some more threads around that aren't this closed minded.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alleyswellthatendswell wrote:
wow, what in the hell is going on here? noob logs in for the first time and sees this....not a real friendly site? i hope theirs some more threads around that aren't this closed minded.

For first time readers, there is an announcement made by Alley at the top of the forum: http://forums.alleybaggett.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1605

She already explained your "what in the hell is going on here?" question.

There aren't any other closed minded threads that I can tell. So welcome aboard. It's unfortunately, that you have to see this as your first thread, if you were directed to this forum from somewhere else.

As for this thread, just read my final summary above.

-R

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: