What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

PUZZLES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: PUZZLES Reply with quote

Been away for a week so I'm just now catching up to things. I like the new additions but what got my attention most was what phaderus said about doing the puzzles in either square or normal mode which I think is a great idea. The square puzzles are far more challenging, at least for me and if you don't have the time normal mode is fine. I agree with another comment that the game section is my favorite area also. So I do the puzzles and breakout games while (alas) waiting for a new strip poker player. Great work guys.
ProphetTenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: none Reply with quote

The square puzzles are diabolically evil pieces of this work that are certainly an attempt to crush our spirit! Wink
hollow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:47 pm    Post subject: Bah! Reply with quote

And yet they still take me less than an hour to do.

I'm sure it's just me. I've always loved big puzzles. As a ten-year-old, I started doing 1000-piece jigsaws. Not enough challenge. I had to get bigger. I found a 1200 and a 1500, both enjoyable. But now done. I think maybe even a 2000 or two.

In college, I spent about 80$ on a 6000. Now that was cool. I had to buy a couple of pieces of foam at some art store, and place them side by side to have enough room to hold the finished picture, let alone the pieces. The downside was that after two months, I found a 6-piece hole, and 6 pieces that didn't fit in it. They looked like duplicates of other pieces. I was pretty miffed; huge picture, incomplete.

That's what I like about online jigsaws; no missing pieces, no chance of losing them to the vacuum cleaner, easier to move around completed sections, etc. The pretty woman is just icing. The downside is that the biggest puzzles I've seen piece-wise have only about 280, and they're not very good.

I notice Ravensburger - one of the best jigsaw makers out there - has a 9000 and a 12000. I may have to get those. I'll need a bigger surface, though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: