What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

More than a handful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:47 am    Post subject: More than a handful Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind words on what we've been doing here lately!

Things in the comic will be heating up as we get into more action sequences. I think we've got a really good core of characters now, and the competition for Babe of the Month next time has been fierce, with the seeming sure thing knocked out of the top spot by a chesty amazon princess this morning. Can't wait to see who comes out on top.

Been pulling out a lot of comics to get inspiration lately, and reading stuff like Danger Girl and Battle Chasers. It's really dissapointing that these books petered out when they had the brass ring in the comics industry. Some really good girl art there, and last time I looked over the racks, I didn't see much worth picking up. My favorite has always been Linsner's Dawn, but her books are few and far between as well.

Some technical notes - Got my new hard drive I installed in my desktop running smoothly, and now my processor has taken a shit. Everything is mirrored on my laptop, though, so I'm still in the art business. My replacement equipment will be here next week (or so the net store who has my credit card number tells me), so I should end up bigger and badder when it's all done. About the time I get everything humming, I should get the major update to the 3D software I use and hope all the characters I've put together will translate over. I'll probably keep the two versions side by side while I get the new one kicking, but it looks like I'll be able to do some much nicer things with the art with a better render engine and more texture control.

Lots of good things to come, and thanks again for checking us out!

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Terry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Research material Reply with quote

Well Jeff, you and Ronald certainly deserve all the kind words you've been receiving. Smile The best part I like about this site is not the games or the art or the special features (although I *do* enjoy all of these!) - - but it's your guys' dedication to the visitors and subscribers that I think is most noteworthy. You listen to our ideas and feedback and then get to work right away on what might need to be changed, or do more of what we like, or whatever. My thanks to you two for that.

Okay, onto the girls! 'Danger Girl' and 'Battlechasers' certainly are key titles in the research of not only the feminine form, but of adventerous, action-packed storytelling. There are others that come to mind, as well, such as the recently-ended run of 'Gen-13'. I so wished Wildstorm/DC hadn't felt the need to reboot the book the way they did, ie: killing off basically all the characters. But it had that feel I think you're going towards in your stories, especially late in the run when Adam Warren took over as writer. If you want more over-the-top, it's hard to discount 'Authority' or 'Planetary' - only problem with those two were not enough cheap and/or revealing pinup poses. Wink And of course, AC is still a worthy source, but I'm sure you're already following the adventures of the FemForce as it is!

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: