What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Live Chat Performance issues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> ClubJanaCova.com Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Live Chat Performance issues Reply with quote

Following today's live chat 03 Oct 2004, and as Jana suggested, i thought it would be good to give the webmaster some info so he can get a feel for the problems we experienced, and hopefully figure out whats wrong.

Please stay on topic at all times, and only post useful info (dont just say "it didn't work") Also, please only talk about performance issues after Jana had fixed things at her end (about 1/2hr after the live chat began)

If you experienced any of the same things as me, please just say "me too" and quote the relevant numbers from my list. Please give your location, and your connection type and speed. If you don't understand anything on my list, ignore it, its techie speak.

1. My location: Estonia
  2. My connection: 3mbit on shared LAN.
  3. Media Player 9 reported streaming at 180 kbits/second (Realplayer 10 @ 191)
  4. Time delay of around 4 minutes from me typing something, to me hearing Jana reading it
  5. Time delay of approx 30 seconds between Tom typing something and me reading it. I don't know who Tom is, I just know he's in Europe somewhere too.
  6. Tracert took 13 hops to webcam streaming server (http://sageig.wm.llnwd.net)
  7. The last 3 hops were the slowest by far at 125ms each. All others were under 50ms
  8. Video Freezing: experienced 3 during the performance, and about 3 during live chat. (after Jana fixed things her end)
  9. Buffering problems: following a freeze and after buffering, sound would restart but video wouldn't unless I pressed Stop then Play, for which it needed to buffer again
  10. Noticeable improved performance when connecting to the stream using Realplayer rather than MediaPlayer, but time delay was about 10 seconds longer

Last edited by roxstar on Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only add that I am in southeast USA (Miami, FL), and it appears the time delays were very similar to what RoxStar experienced.

Rich
IDMirk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Rox:

Are you there for your job or?

Mirko
roxstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roxstar wrote:
yep

Hmmm, haven't heard of too man rock stars from Estonia. But, then again, there's a first for everything isn' there? Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> ClubJanaCova.com Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: