What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

World of Warcraft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: World of Warcraft Reply with quote

Looks like World of Warcraft is going to be released this month!
November 23!

Something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

I was able to play in the Beta and got to test out the Dwarven Hunter class. Very cool.... Here's a snap shot of my character:

I managed to loot some red clothes off "Defias Bandits" to make up the outfit.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
thefatman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you created santa claus?

EAdultComics.com Support Staff
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefatman wrote:
And you created santa claus?

Yeah- I had a character name Santa Claus... I stopped playing with it because there might be a character wipe after the open beta is over. No point in spending time trying to level the character right now.

Only 7 more days til WOW releases!!

-R

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You going to be Santa in retail, or do you think they may not allow that name?

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
You going to be Santa in retail, or do you think they may not allow that name?

I'm going to be Santa in retail. If they don't allow it, they'll just change my name. A couple of folks from Beta was looking forward to seeing me again. Had a few invites to their guilds and all. Made some good friends- But I told them I'm holding off on guilds right now.

I spent an hour giving away all my gold and silver and stuff to people. Bought fireworks and started mailing them out with 10 silver attachments.

I had about over 10G and tons of expensive tradegoods stocked up.

Found some newbies and gave them bags.... They were all excited.

"I always believed in you Santa". "Wow- Xmas is here! Thanks Santa".

It was fun. The fun begins next week.... Just in time for Thanksgiving.

Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some screen-caps of the end-of-beta chaos in Ironforge last night. The big Infernal parked in the front door with a few Doomguards to boot. The city in flames, the epic battles in the throne room. The bodies strewn about the usually quiet areas. Players turned into chickens. I know Stormwind and Orgrimmar had invasions as well. Nobody ever goes to Darnassus, so I think it was spared. Great to see that Blizzard can throw some surprises at us!

On a side note, I hope the end of beta also marks a multitude of 15 year olds who will now have to go find something else to do. Last night, I was called a fag for daring to corrent someone making a mis-statement in chat, and had to listen to a particular kid who had gotten way too much soda and appointed himself leader of the resistance, and felt the need to constantly shout in all caps so everyone could see how important he was. As the server was shutting down, racial and ethnic slurs were being flung about. Thankfully, the last words heard as they shut off the lights were, "See you Tuesday."

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
craigfox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,
I was just on World of Warcrafts website, I was unaware that this was a Blizzard production. I am still working on Lord of Destruction when I have the time. It looks like Blizzard has done it again. I just watched the cinamatic trailor. All I can say is....well...WOW! A friend if mine and I plan to pick it up after the holidays(love how they timed that one) Looks like something to kill the boardum of the cold winter days to come. We hope to see you online. The only thing I dont like is the fee to play online. I hope it is minimal. This will be the first Warcraft game we have played. I have yet to play L.O.D online, but I used to play CNC Zero Hour all the time. It got old after people started to hack the game, I hope things stay fair in this one cause it looks like this will make for some outstanding game play. Any word on a Diablo 3?
Craig
DEATH TO ALL HACKS AND CHEATS!

Last edited by craigfox on Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
craigfox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,
I've been on and off the WOW website all day. The more I look at it, the more I cant wait to get started. What do you sugest I buy, the standard or colectors edition? I see there have been 3 Warcrafts before this. Should we catch up on them or jump right into this one? Finally, what do you think the best charactor class is?
Later on,
Craig
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Craigfox-

Since this game is an MMORPG- there will be monthly fees associated to it. The previous Blizzard games (Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft) were more "LAN"-ish type of games where you play with up to 8 people only in a single game session. While they do have thousands of players logged on to Battle.Net, you're limited to playing with only 8 at any point in time. Same goes with Diablo2. It's been so long since I've played Diablo2: Lord of Destruction (LOD). But all I can say is this game is 100 times better then Diablo2.

There are some elements in World of Warcraft that borrows from the Diablo2 system, such as the Talent Tree and the Durability and item collecting/looting. BUT- it goes beyond that with the ability for you to be able to create your own weapons. Enchanting is similar to embueing items, which you can learn how to enchant items by taking on the Enchanter profession. There are tons of things to do in WOW. The list goes on. Their website does a better job describing all the cool stuff then what I can in a single posting.

The game is great. I highly recommend it. You don't need to get the previous Warcraft games to play this. As the previous 3 games are Real Time Strategy (RTS), while this game is an RPG (but Massive Multiplayer, meaning you'll be able to play with tons of people). The fees associated with playing monthly is not that bad. Just think of it as the cost of a movie ticket- and you'll most likely be playing this game more then you'll be watching a movie for 2 hours. It's worth it.

Re: Collectors vs Standard Edition (my take on it)
I suggest buying the Standard Edition really. I actually own both the Standard and the Collectors Edition. Collectors Edition is just really not all that unless you have the money for it... If you are a big fan of the series and you are a collector, it's kinda nice to get the coffee table Artbook that comes with it. It comes with a DVD version of the game, which makes installing the game easier and faster. (It has the CDROM version in the box as well.) But the DVD install is convenient. Now if you're tight for cash- and you're willing to wait for the 4 CDROM change install- then get the Standard Version. Now- the last perk about the CE version is that you get an exclusive in-game pet. You're allowed to choose 1 of 3 different non-combat pet that follows you around. I'll give you my pros and cons on this, since Blizzard doesn't tell you this before you buy it. Nor has anybody on the Internet even bothered mentioning the downside of this in-game pet thing. First the PRO- it's cool. You get a unique pet that the standard guys can't get. It makes you look cool I guess or unique among those who don't have the CE. After a year or 2 or more, if you're still playing then.... I think that is when the cool factor will kick in because the CE is limited. People who buys this game years from now will be asking you how you got that pet. (Then again- people might auction off their CE on ebay after they stop playing this game.) The CON- the in-game pet will take up an inventory slot. The pet is completely useless and inventory space is very valueable! Going from a 6 slot bag to an 8 slot bag is a big deal. 2 space difference. Ok- now imagine that being taken up by your silly pet. You'll start realizing inventory space is pretty important over time.

OK- I don't recommend buying the game immediately. Twisted Evil Wait a week or a few weeks even. Blizzard didn't expect the overwhelming number of people who decided to buy this game on release. Heck- they didn't expect 5000 people waiting inline at the Mid-Night Release Party at Fry's by where they decided to show up to do in-store signing. I'll tell you about that in a bit. As I was one of the many who stood out in the freezing cold for 5 hours to get my copy of the Standard Edition. Even tho I had already preordered the Collectors Edition to be shipped to me overnight. Anyways- Back to my advice- Wait a bit before jumping online because it's very over populated and lagged right now on their server. They underestimated how many people were going to flood their servers. Just imagine tons of people trying to squeeze into a room/club or party. Max Occupancy starts hitting. Almost like a Denial of Service (DOS) attack if you ask me. Hopefully, they'll be able to shake the load over time.

I decided to finish up working on EAdultGames updates with my time instead getting frustrated with the lag.

I don't know when Diablo3 will be out. I bet it'll end up using the WOW engine for it. Or an improved version. I'm really hoping they make StarCraft2 using the Warcraft3 engine.

Re: Which Character Class do I recommend for WOW?
For starters- I'd recommend the Human Warrior Class. That was my first when I played Closed Beta. I played the Dwarf Hunter Class in Open Beta. Once you pick up on how the game works with the warrior, you'll want to play another character later.

Ok- so I was at the midnight store signing for the WOW release. God Almighty! Man- I did not expect the whole place to be so damn packed. The line was worst then waiting for a ride at an amusement park. There were easily 4000+ people waiting in line. It wrapped around the store 2 times, around the parking alot and into the streets. And it was cold! I showed up at 10pm. As the website said come early- The festivity starts at 10:30pm. And the store opens up at 12am (midnight) letting people in to buy the game and get it signed by the developers. I finally got into the store close to 3am and left around that time. thefatman wanted to go check it out and get his copy. I had already preordered mine but wanted a standard edition with the orc cover for another friend to play. I also was amazed by the turnout and can only hope that one day when I make such a game that I'll get this many people waiting in line to buy my game. Smile It was an event that I wanted to experience and bond with the folks around me. Yes- it was crazy. As if I didn't get enough standing around from GlamourCon... Ugh....

This is a snap shot of what the line looked like:

Well- there you have it. My take on WOW. BTW- If you do manage to get online. I'm on the Proudmoore Server (Pacific Coast Realm).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this game is ONLINE ONLY. Meaning there is no Offline play. When you buy the game it REQUIRES you to have an Internet connection. You get 1 month of free play as part of the game purchase. (You must pay the monthly fees to continue playing)

Last edited by Ronald on Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
craigfox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,
Thanks for all the info. I dont plan to pick it up till after Christmas and planned to play in house for a bit to get used to the console.I plan to get online later, like twards spring. Will playing in your realm lagg the game terribly since were on the opposite side of the country?
Sorry to hear about you wait in line. What do you Californians consider freezing cold? I would give my left nut to be on the Pacific coast right now. Likw I asked ya before, you hiring? You must have one of the best job, getting to hang out with all those sexy women and all.
Later,
Craig
O yeah, I think you just scored the trophy for longest post.
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald:

I got a headache reading that post - It took forever!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
I got a headache reading that post - It took forever!

It's ok Rich. Just pop in some aspirins next time. Wink

craigfox wrote:
I dont plan to pick it up till after Christmas and planned to play in house for a bit to get used to the console.I plan to get online later, like twards spring.

Not sure if you realize this but the game is ONLINE only. There is no offline play. When you buy the game it requires that you have internet connection.

craigfox wrote:
Will playing in your realm lagg the game terribly since were on the opposite side of the country?

No. Jeff and I actually play on the same server Proudmoore located on the Pacific Realm. And he's in Florida. Seems like they fixed the lag issues. So it's safe to get online now.

craigfox wrote:
Sorry to hear about you wait in line. What do you Californians consider freezing cold? I would give my left nut to be on the Pacific coast right now.

Actually, I'm from Virginia. So freezing cold- I've experienced before. I was exaggerating about how freezing it was. It was a cold for sure.

craigfox wrote:
Likw I asked ya before, you hiring? You must have one of the best job, getting to hang out with all those sexy women and all.

No. I'm not hiring right now- Unless you're an artist (Penciler/Inker) or a comic book writer. I'm tapped on my budget for getting new hires, tho.

Yes- it's fun hanging out with all these sexy women! Took some of the hotties (Ginger, Jamie, and Bella) out Saturday night after the glamourcon. Dinner was fun.

craigfox wrote:
O yeah, I think you just scored the trophy for longest post.

Thanks. Hmm... could have sworn I've seen longer postings by others.

craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
Not sure if you realize this but the game is ONLINE only. There is no offline play. When you buy the game it requires that you have internet connection.

Um...well now I'm feelin stupid. Did not read that far. Any word on how much the online pass will run us. I enjoyed playing FF10 and was looking forward to 11 till I saw how they were raping people for online gameplay. I did not get much into RPG's, untill I played FF10 because it looked so cool.
That is a bit of bullshit if you ask me. Design the baddest most massive multiplayer game of all time, charge 50 bucks for the game then tax us to play it. Just my opinion. I hope they find a way to deal with cheaters, I hate to pay to play a game and get whopped by some hack when I play fair. Thats what turned me off to CNC Zero Hour. At least we did not have to pay for that one.
Craig
Oh yeah and Happy Turkey Day a day late, Hope it was a good one!
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
I enjoyed playing FF10 and was looking forward to 11 till I saw how they were raping people for online gameplay. I did not get much into RPG's, untill I played FF10 because it looked so cool.

They should've never numbered that Final Fantasy XI. It should've been Final Fantasy Online and left the next console FF as number eleven. And once they took out the offline play, it became the only numbered Final Fantasy I'll never buy.
craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant play 11 online anymore? I was not aware. Needless to say I wont be buying that one either. 12 is out now is it not? Oh, what did you think of the sequal to 10, I heard it was cheesy in comparison, very spice girls. Dont plan on playin that one either.
craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
No. I'm not hiring right now- Unless you're an artist (Penciler/Inker) or a comic book writer.

Um...well I have some crayons and I'm willing to learn, does that qualify? Laughing
I'm a really good writer, never tried comics though.
thefatman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone answered, but WoW is $50 for the box, plus $14.95 per month. Kinda expensive if you think about it, but its a really fun game and you won't really have time to play anyther game and hence saving money on other games (unless you have LOTS of time or something).

Anyway, its a really well done game. They had a few problems with their server on the first and second day of release, but its all solved. servers are fast, once in a while you'll get a couple of second lag on picking up an item etc.

Very fun game. I don't know if I'd stand in line for that long again. But I guess I would. Since I didn't pre-order it, it would have taken me a couple of days, maybe a week to get another copy. but then again maybe the stores had plenty of copies the next day...

TheFatman

craigfox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fellas, as fun as it looks, I dont think I'll be joining you any time soon. I've decided to go back to school in the spring and cash is to tight right now to play like I want. Priority wins over fantasy. Maybe Santa will drop a big bag of money on me or I'll shit a golden brick? One can only hope.
HSHP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video of a big boom on WoW. Dunno what I'm watching since I never played, but some of you guys might get a kick out of it.

http://media2.big-boys.com/warcraftboom.wmv
thefatman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, Ronald and I were looking at that video yesterday. its funny. Ronald was a victim to the same effect couple of days ago.... his character didn't die, but very close to it.

Random

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much WoW costs in america?
I can't leave right out the door
after all that we've been through
I can't be with or without you
thefatman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not sure what it is no, but usually its $50 for normal game, plus $15 per month. about $14 per month if you pay 3 months. and $12 or $13 per month if you pay 6 months in advance.

Random

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is the same price like in Austria.

Well, i would buy it, but i'm a xbox gamer. Wink
I can't leave right out the door
after all that we've been through
I can't be with or without you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: