What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

WMV files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> SexyFighters.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: WMV files Reply with quote

We're thinking about offering our matches in Windows Media (.wmv) files in addition to the Quicktime (.mov) files.

A number of people have emailed us suggesting wmv files and the ability to have the video clips go full screen mode.. WMV files will make this possible.

What are your thoughts??

-R
jjjet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love WMV files. They are easy to join so that I can see the whole fight at once. They are easy to edit (remove the starting music(?)).

Great idea.

JJ Cool
Jake25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be good for your bandwidth as well. I'm not quite sure what the conversion rate is for .mov, but wmv is around 3mb/min, where as everything else (mpeg-1, avi), hits around 10mb/min..

I just hope whomever was using Mac won't be to dissapointed, as they don't support wmv...

Cheers, Jake
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake25 wrote:
I just hope whomever was using Mac won't be to dissapointed, as they don't support wmv...

this isn't entirely true- as wmv are playable on macs. in fact wmv files can also be produced on a mac. just in great quality compared to producing it on a pc.

our video guy works on a mac and was able to view wmv files...

the only problem might be the codec for wmv. i *think* there are some codecs that wont work for macs.
Jake25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Jake25 wrote:

this isn't entirely true- as wmv are playable on macs. in fact wmv files can also be produced on a mac. just in great quality compared to producing it on a pc.

our video guy works on a mac and was able to view wmv files...

the only problem might be the codec for wmv. i *think* there are some codecs that wont work for macs.

Hmmm, I didn't know WMP9 was supported by Mac.. Everyone I know is unable to open and wmv files.. There of course are other things that I know mac doesn't support (concerning wmv files), such as DRM9..

Cheers, Jake
Monolith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Windows Media 9 series demo Reply with quote

Hi R,

Please check out <http://www.danni.com/free/nakedjoke.html>. They've got the exact same clip streaming at both 300K and 700K--also 1000K if you wanna give them some money. Works on both mac and windows with the series 9 player.

The main thing I wanna point out is that 700K is at least twice as good! larger and sharper.

This is what this site needs! More relevant to sexyfighters.com than a soft core posing site like DHD because your girls aren't playing to the camera. In a good fight, they're movin' around fast. So you'd benefit more from higher bitrate. It's not as big a problem in a clip that shows AB just lying there in her bubblebath. To a compression algorithm, she's practically a still frame. Of course, she's more than that to us.

I like your content better than typical soft-core but those guys are ahead of you in the technology dept. Their 'Low' is 300K which corresponds to your "High". Your "High" should be downgraded to 'Low' or 'Medium' & you should be offering "High" in the 700-1200K range or so.

Perhaps you can try their ploy of charging extra for downloading a high-rez version of a clip (1000K and up). I mean being able to download it right away, not just after several months.

--Monolith
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> SexyFighters.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: