What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

ENVIRONMENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: magnetic train,, Reply with quote

Alley,,

That train requires electrical power as input energy.

The link is to a demonstration of an unexplainable physical phenomenon. a.) A stator magnet in the demonstration loses temperature, something like thirty degrees from ambient. b.) A state of equilibrium is established with motion of a rotating table of magnets. With a gentle push rotation begins and accelleration ocurrs until equilibrium.

The device is useful in discontinuous mode to develop electrical potential. It will be possible to charge batteries pulling a little energy away, allowing it to re-accellerate, and then pull more energy away. With zero input, apparently. It is useful for domestic, off-the-grid battery charging, combined with solar and generator inputs.

This can be demonstrated by a number of people now investigating it, and proliferating information to the internet. Rapid development is occurring. With other recent developments, this promises to deliver enough DIY-made, free energy to run small appliances and lights. Add a little solar power, and many will be switching to an off-the-grid preference.

Of course, China has the largest reserves of Neodymium used in powerful rare-earth magnets.

Its an interesting thread. The hackers are working. They can't break the satellite-TV encryption anymore, so it seems they have been working on DIY, homemade energy.

-C Idea
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Interesting...

Thanks for sharing!

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
chuck

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: RE:sticky Reply with quote

I think its cool you have experienced benefits of making choices in your personal care. Reading all those labels in dim light of a grocery store is impossible when older. It takes years to notice positive effects. Living in L. A. you have concerns. BBC released a report on a study about urban air revealing it is worse than previously thought. Good thing there is a movement toward improvements. There is no way for anyone to be aware of ALL the harmful additives and potential harm.Trusting the goodness of people who put out the news is about all we can do to catch the highlighted information. It is important to do the things you are doing early in life.

I have a plain diet, and use canola oil in cooking.

I would be interested in finding a list of the ten most beneficial things to do in order to improve your personal environment. Things like not smoking are obvious. I suppose that having tap water tested is a step. Expanding the garden this year will be a start toward improvement. Recently I switched back to a Dial soap hoping it better for anti-fungal cleansing. Also, I think people prefer the fresher "smell." Longterm, this choice has other effects. Someone gave me information once, like from Herbal Life that was full of harmful substance in shampoos and such products. When you go out camping and kayaking, you leave it all behind. The clean water and air seem to saturate your clothing, and over time I'm sure that substances are purged from your body.
morgan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alley,

This seems a little surreal to talk about this with you but I finally made the antibacterial spray to clean the house !
It works very well.
Very easy to make, cheap and very effective. It cleans really well and smells good.

Thanks you Very Happy
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is SO great Morgan!! I'm so happy for you. You can even clean your mirrors/windows with it too. I sometimes clean my hands with it and let it air dry if I'm outside not near my sink. It's the best thing EVER!!

Well, since this thread is about the environment I would like to announce that I am now a 100% vegetarian. I eat no meat what so ever! I only eat various meatless meats...which are loaded with protein. It's been almost 2 weeks now Very Happy My main reason for this complete switch is this link.... Check it out:
http://www.treehugger.com/galleries/2009/05/what-does-inside-factory-farm-look-like.php?dcitc=daily_nl

I really don't agree with the cruelty that's involved in raising the animals for food and I REALLY don't believe that it's okay to kill and eat a poor helpless animal either. There is so much disease that's involved which will give you health problems later in life as well. Aside from the fact that factory farm animals help to contribute to global warming, deforestation, contaminating our water and air......eating meat is bad for our health/weight. ENOUGH SAD.

chuck

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Whey Protein Reply with quote

Alley:

I mix my whey supplement in milk and O.J. Else, chicken breasts are my only other high protein source. Whey is less expensive than chicken breasts for protein content.

Body-building texts insist 80-120 grams daily when building. Others suggest 60 grams for normal activity. Some suggest as little as 20 grams, which I doubt.

Intense workout plus high protein will allow the body to burn fat while sleeping to build muscle. Its weird, you can actually wake up in the morning and notice a slight difference when working on the last bit of tummy fat. It takes a good workout the previous day though, and the protein.

When protein is low, the body seems unable to use carbs to build muscle and will store it instead. Protein magnifies fat burning with intense workouts.

-C
mt

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn it!. Now I feel more guilty hearing that you've reached your goal of all vege diet. Ok, June will see the birth of a new me. angry angry angry
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait! Very Happy

AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MT....

If you have the stomach and if you want a little help in loving being a vegetarian....then go to:

peta.org and watch the video on the homepage...

That will FOR SURE make you a NON meat eater...for the rest of your life!

mt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:
Hey MT....

If you have the stomach and if you want a little help in loving being a vegetarian....then go to:

peta.org and watch the video on the homepage...

That will FOR SURE make you a NON meat eater...for the rest of your life!

Fuuuck. That is so freaken' messed up. Damn. Is that for real? I mean, is it done in the US?
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's done here.

Isn't that CRAZY!!!!!! WRONG, SAD.....so SO sad.

I had to look away a few times.

Pass the knowledge.

I don't think many people are aware.

AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some other interesting information...about what's left after burning coal. Coal Ash... There are about 50 sites around our country that the public is unaware of...

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/06/ash-spill-secret-sites.php?dcitc=daily_nl

mt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:
Yes, it's done here.

Isn't that CRAZY!!!!!! WRONG, SAD.....so SO sad.

I had to look away a few times.

Pass the knowledge.

I don't think many people are aware.

I just can't believe how diseased those animals looked. What's scary is that they may have developed diseased tissues that we ended up eating or have eaten. No one in their right mind would eat meat from a sick animal. Ha, I used to think chicken was the safe meat. Sad
mt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:
Here's some other interesting information...about what's left after burning coal. Coal Ash... There are about 50 sites around our country that the public is unaware of...

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/06/ash-spill-secret-sites.php?dcitc=daily_nl

So I started reading the links in the story about the TVA contamination in Tennessee. Crazy shit. Clean coal, my ass. I'm kinda disappointed that our new President decided to include clean coal as part of the renewable energy plan. How great it is that we can capture the ash and prevent it going air-born. How sad it is that we don't know how to make it safe. Concentrated arsenic and lead. what a choice.
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MT, I used to think chicken was the best kind of meat to eat too. I would eat chicken everything... Not anymore.....NO NOT ANYMORE! I actually made a VERY yummy meal tonight. I made a meatless meat stir fry. It had organic brown rice with butter and salt in it, organic orange and purple carrots (fresh from Farmer's Market) and Seiten/chicken style which was covered in teriyaki baste. The meatless meat looked like chicken and it tasted like a teriyaki meal. I definitely could not tell I was eating something that was meatless. I think the trick is to making the meatless meats yummy by covering them with fresh sauces, herbs and seasonings....yeah....I guess like regular meat. Very Happy

You're right about clean coal....it's just a myth.

You have to seriously be on top of the game and really know whats going on....otherwise...you will allow yourself to get fooled and become an unhealthy individual. Research is key...

chuck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: ENVIRONMENT Reply with quote

I bought a book "Skinny Bitch" about a year ago. Emphasis is on antimatter contaminants in foods. I scan an read parts getting a fix on reading labels. summer is opportunity to garden and buy organics. Trend toward organics is positive.

BBC reported a study on inner city air quality, saying that air is much worse than previously thought. California has been trying to get government to stand up against automakers. Given the recent change in laws, it will be years before significant effects are noticeable, if ever.

New technologies will be established in the next five years that will help.
mt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: ENVIRONMENT Reply with quote

chuck wrote:
I bought a book "Skinny Bitch" about a year ago. Emphasis is on antimatter contaminants in foods. I scan an read parts getting a fix on reading labels. summer is opportunity to garden and buy organics. Trend toward organics is positive.

BBC reported a study on inner city air quality, saying that air is much worse than previously thought. California has been trying to get government to stand up against automakers. Given the recent change in laws, it will be years before significant effects are noticeable, if ever.

New technologies will be established in the next five years that will help.

I hope to live long enough to see the promise of change. It's not just the environment but our natural resources, like food and water. Can we survive?

Worried and foolishly optimistic.
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the future looks GREEN.....the more and more people are told of what's going on with our food, clothes, products and etc. People are going to want to be healthy within their everyday lives..... and there for that will IN RETURN be better for our planet. I think it will create a domino effect. I think the key thing is.....to inform MORE and MORE people as much as possible. Tell people to read a certain book.....perhaps gift it. Tell people to watch a certain documentary....perhaps gift it. Tell people to read certain stories......perhaps send them videos and stories via the internet. There are some people....that don't want to hear it.....which is why....it's alot easier to let them see it or read it for themselves.

AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some interesting news.... This is about the safety of water.

Did you know that there are so many contaminants in both bottled and tap water?

Here's the story. Make sure you read all pages.

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/go-green/green-water/green-water-basics.html

Afterwords go here to see what's in your local tap water:

http://www.ewg.org/tapwater/index.php

Keep in mind though that bottled water is truly no better and may even be more contaminated.

I'm on the hunt for the worlds BEST water purifier.

Very Happy

mt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the solution then. I use a carbon filter to filter our tap water. We have a UV water system to dispense water at work. This is all I drink. Hardly do bottled water. I've stayed away from plastic bottle water ever since I heard that heat causes some kind of reaction with the plastic and releases some kind of chemicals. I'm I safer for taking these steps? I just looked up San Jose's water test results. 32 contaminants.
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MT....you are doing the right thing. Using tap water that is filtered with a serious kick ass filter is the key. A simple filter that is in a pitcher wont do. Whatever filter you choose....you should make sure that they specifically remove heavy metals, pesticides and etc....otherwise they aren't going to get the job done. If you can't get a whole house filter system hooked up.....then at least get a great one for your drinking water and get filters for your showers. Did you know that the hot water turns the chlorine in water into a gas....then you just inhale it?

Pesticides are in our tap water.....all because people use popular weed killers, for example. This is WHY we should stop using weed killers and other pesticides in our yards! Did you know that there is now proof that a certain weed killer damages human cells? Here's the story:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/06/pesticide-ingredients-shown-toxic-human-lab-tests.php?dcitc=daily_nl
We are contaminating the water that we brush our teeth with. We are contaminating the water we bathe in. If we don't share this knowledge with other people....our water will only get worse! There are SO many people on this planet...that is why it's SO important that WE start taking actions into our own hands and changing our habits. Something simple like washing our car outside can contaminate our water. It's best to wash your car at a drive through wash because they usually recycle the water and use less water....but if you choose to wash your car in front of your home....then make sure you use a car wash solution that does not contain sodium laurel sulfate.

Going back to our tap water issue. You wouldn't think our water would have any of these toxic things in it. I mean....this is America. I think many people....don't watch the news because there's too much bad stuff going on. I think many people...just don't want to believe that things are that bad. I think many people have never even heard of any of this real stuff. This is why we ALL must share the knowledge and make sure that WE do what's best for our health! Truly clean water is SO precious. Let's try to maintain it and clean up our own local waters! Don't purchase fruits, veggies and flowers that have been sprayed with pesticides. ONLY purchase organic cotton clothing....even if it's on line only!!! Cotton is the top heavily sprayed crop! There are PLENTY of great organic clothing company's online. There are also some great organic cotton/hemp shoe places on line too. These days you can get all kinds of bamboo items as well.....ALL for a very good price....especially if you look for saies.

Anyway....here are some pictures for you to see. It's about water. The first link will give you the most dirtiest waters/rivers in the world. The second link will give you some amazing beautiful pictures of water and how it should look. The idea is to stir up a love inside of you.....to want to do your part and help make our water be clean like it once was.

(When you go to these links....CLICK on VIEW THE SLIDESHOW and view all images by clicking on the right arrow)

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/06/worlds-nastiest-lakes-and-rivers.php?dcitc=daily_nl

http://www.treehugger.com/galleries/2009/06/water-like-you-have-never-seen.php?page=1

Very Happy

AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing... We are hearing/seeing all this news about what's going on in all these various places.....BUT we aren't hearing or seeing what's going on in PERU. Many people have died in this protest against deforestation of the Amazon. This is currently a BIG DEAL out there. These people have seen what has happened to the land around them and they do not want it to happen to them. This is it. They HAVE to fight back. Here's a current small story on it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-peru-indigenous25-2009jun25,0,6714690.story

This is why you shouldn't purchase any soap, dairy or chocolate that has palm oil in it. There are many other things/purchases that we make that affect the deforestation of the Amazon.

AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys know that the chemical that leaches in to water from water bottles, BPA also leaches into your food or drinks from cans?

Here's the story...

http://www.ewg.org/reports/bisphenola

Here is 1 company that does not let the chemical leach into their foods.

Here they are:

http://www.edenfoods.com/about/environment.php

Here are their can products:

http://www.edenfoods.com/store/index.php?cPath=21

mt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, when will it end. I eat canned tuna. Are the ones in the pouch any safer? I guess it's gotta be straight from the garden if you want to be safe.

I just saw an documentary on the coffee industry about who, how, and where they are picked. Gonna have to start supporting this "fair trade" coffee organization.

http://www.blackgoldmovie.com/
mt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, buy coffee from places that support them. Everyone wins. Good coffee, the growers get a decent price for their crop, and we promote good farm practices.
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right about that MT!! Fair Trade Coffee is the way to go. Even better is: ORGANIC FAIR TRADE SHADE GROWN.

Also, did you realize that those typical coffee makers that most people have at home...are ones that release that same BPA chemical into your coffee when it's brewed? It happens because the coffee heats up....so hot....then is poured into your cup....which means the coffee touches all sorts of plastic parts before it gets to your cup. The best coffee maker to get is a French Press. French Press coffee makers are made of heat resistant glass and stainless steel. People say that the coffee has a nicer richer flavor in a French Press. It also doesn't need to get plugged in. You add the hot water to it...then let it do its thing for a couple of minutes...then it's ready for ya.

Actually, I'm thinking about switching to GREEN TEA for my morning wake up time. I don't need as much sugar...in my green tea as I do in my coffee.

Very Happy If you're interested....there's a certain sugar that gets slowly released into your body....so your body burns it off rather than getting a rush of sugar all at once and your body being forced to store it as fat.

mt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:
Yes, you are right about that MT!! Fair Trade Coffee is the way to go. Even better is: ORGANIC FAIR TRADE SHADE GROWN.

Also, did you realize that those typical coffee makers that most people have at home...are ones that release that same BPA chemical into your coffee when it's brewed? It happens because the coffee heats up....so hot....then is poured into your cup....which means the coffee touches all sorts of plastic parts before it gets to your cup. The best coffee maker to get is a French Press. French Press coffee makers are made of heat resistant glass and stainless steel. People say that the coffee has a nicer richer flavor in a French Press. It also doesn't need to get plugged in. You add the hot water to it...then let it do its thing for a couple of minutes...then it's ready for ya.

Actually, I'm thinking about switching to GREEN TEA for my morning wake up time. I don't need as much sugar...in my green tea as I do in my coffee.

Very Happy If you're interested....there's a certain sugar that gets slowly released into your body....so your body burns it off rather than getting a rush of sugar all at once and your body being forced to store it as fat.

Let me know if you have some good recommendations. They say Ethiopian coffee is da best. Wanna give it a try.

And what is dis sugar that burns slowly...is it good for cooking? natural?

Is it as sweet as U?....sorry, couldn't resist big grin
rufus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mt wrote:
I mean, buy coffee from places that support them. Everyone wins. Good coffee, the growers get a decent price for their crop, and we promote good farm practices.

More than just coffee as a fair trade product. This place has some chocolate that is like nothing you have or will ever taste from the corporate production world.

http://www.equalexchange.coop/
rufus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlleyBaggett wrote:

Frencj press is one good method. I learned to like coffee made in these old glass stopper vacuum makers many years ago and IMO - nothing beats them (they use no paper or filters).

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.brewers.vacuum.php

http://stores.italianbeandelight.com/-strse-71/Vacuum-dsh-Syphon-Coffee-Maker-cona/Detail.bok
rufus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mt wrote:
AlleyBaggett wrote:

Let me know if you have some good recommendations. They say Ethiopian coffee is da best. Wanna give it a try.

And what is dis sugar that burns slowly...is it good for cooking? natural?

Is it as sweet as U?....sorry, couldn't resist big grin

I prefer honey in my coffee - and maybe a little cinnamon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: