What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Weird West

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Weird West Reply with quote

Anyone here like the Weird West genre? It's never really been something for me, but recently I've started to become more and more interested in it. I like the "ancient evil in the abandoned mine" kind of story, which seems to be pretty common. There's just something fascinating about cowboys vs. monsters Smile

I've read "The Six-Gun Tarot" by R.S. Belcher, and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel, as it's something like that I enjoy.

Anyone have some recommendations?

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
JohnnyPsycho
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm a pretty fair fan of the Weird West genre, as it not only tends to mix horror and Western settings but also occasionally butts-up against the steampunk genre as well. Maybe the best example of this is the old "Deadlands" roleplaying game from the late '90s/early '00s. I played a few sessions of this game, and while it's a tough system (very easy for characters to get killed-off early, in my opinion), the setting is great, as it creates a sort of alternate timeline of history where evil spirits called "Reckoners" managed to extend the American Civil War and infect the landscape of the Wild West with monsters, zombies, and other terrifying creatures. It has magic, horror, and some steampunk-inspired sci-fi as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

Johnny's backstory
Johnny, Mark II (Project Aten character)
Triadenforcer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing that comes to mind concerning the "Weird West" genre.

Jonah Hex fighting zombies and evil sorcerers.

That is all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: