What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Destiny beyond the Destiny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Destiny beyond the Destiny Reply with quote

Ok, a couple guys here know I play this game almost fanatically the last year since it came out, and shortly before I even moved into this apartment that I am currently living in. The game is fun, simple, but vastly frustrating and dumbed down at times.

I am normally a PVE guys (Player vs Environment) where I pit myself against the computer generated world, and I get that feeling of getting a challenge when I defeat a really difficult boss with a group of friends. Sometimes though, the challenge is just finding the right people to play with since in a world where anything can kill you if even one person messes up, one must depend on the partners who have their back. Most of the time though, I do happen to find either friends or randoms to work with past these difficult stages.

PVP on the other hand is a mixed bag of difficulty. In certain stages it is fun, and I really only curse myself when I get myself outgunned or outsmarted by an enemy team's players. Other times, and I mean most of the time, I curse out when I get killed by getting killed by shotguns, and exotic weaponry called 'The Last Word' and 'Thorn'.

I guess that is part of the reason why you guys have not really seen me being present here. I guess I do get a bit consumed when it comes to certain games, and with my job, there is little time to be on the forums anymore.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Hey Rune174,

It's good to hear from you again.

I hope you're having fun being a Space Ranger... or whatever it is you do in Destiny. ))
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Destiny. It was a lot of fun. I tried to gather up a group to play it with, but half of them either had an issue with it "not having enough content" or "being too grindy", so left what semblance of a group there was.

I faired well, getting my main character just shy of being as ready as I could be for the first raid instance when it was to be released. But without a group of people to go on the raid with, my playing of the game ground to a complete and abrupt halt.

I've not touched it since, because I've not been able to find anyone to play with. Recently I bought DMC4 SE and was forced to make room on my PS4's HDD for it. Destiny was at the top of the list to go because, despite the loads of fun it is to play, I won't ever be playing it unless I miraculously find a good, reliable group to play with.

I wish you the best of luck in your Destiny adventures, Rune.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Caroline, nice to see you too ^^. Its fun being these so called 'guardians' since they do offer new play styles, so I can switch between all 3 at my leisure, and with 2 subclasses apiece (with new subclasses coming out) with a supposed 'weapon balancing' update hopefully before then, the game will seem less... frustrating.

I hope to contribute again to the site, especially since I'll be getting my first pay raise in the coming weeks.

Silv: I know how you feel on that. The hard part is not too much of a problem in terms of finding people. I just go to a place online called Destiny LFG, which makes finding groups for raids or even the trials less tenuous. Now its just hoping that we don't have to wait for 2 months for Bungie to pull their own noses out of their butts and get the weapons balanced. I don't think I could wait that long.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worry not Rune, the 2.0 update should be coming soon if not already here. RNGesus be praised! The gods have forsaken us with weapon balancing that seems alright! No more Thorn or TLW rampaging through the crucible! Bungie put it up in their weekly update and outlined what's going to be happening. The changes seem good but we can only hope. Still though, should be pretty interesting, and if you're available later, should jump on. I know Silver, Outpost and a couple others who would be willing to tackle Crota if they're available. BON BON RAID!

My FA

---Fursonna---
Rhoda Mayfield
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That almost sounds like a good idea for a clan name. Too bad that there are too few people who are here that play destiny. I've seen Silv and Outpost there, but that is it.

I was a bit disappointed with the Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn nerf, since those are weapons that everyone strive to get, but now they will probably be lackluster.

Its probably certain that bungie might revise some of these changes before the update goes live to see what the community feedback might be like. But beyond that, I'll be glad to have my Auto rifle class back in my arsenal like my Nechrochasm, Abyss Defiant, and Atheon's Epilogue.

Lets just hope Bungie/Activision has learned its lesion about the Playstation exclusivity, though something tells me that it will be another storm coming by the time the next expansion arrives
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: