What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Music - what do you listen to

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> Jesse Capelli Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Music - what do you listen to Reply with quote

Hi Jesse, and all posting peeps,

Maybe this will sound like a deja-vu or a re-run to some of you, but I am new here...

Jesse, I was just wondering what kind of music you like?

I am a big music lover, all kinds really. If the music composition is good, and lyrics are good, I am up for it. But I especially like hard rock, and metal rock. Twisted Evil Metallica Rules Twisted Evil

Cheers, and thanks already for your reply.
craigfox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I was gonna start this post, but I see you beat me to it. In Jesse's last chat she was playin some trance,(I know she likes that)and she asked me what my favorite music was. Thats really hard to say because I like so many different styles of music. I do like metal. Metalica got lame after And Justice 4 All if you ask me. But back in my Jr high days I jammed them a lot. I really dig PRIMUS, a lot of people cant stand them. Tool is a good band also, some people think there to dark. I love their sound. I'm really getting into A Perfect Circle now, which is part of Tool. The blues and good jazz I like also. I even like some hip hop depending on who. I love a good solid beat. It makes my speakers throb. A lot of bands today sound the same, I think because now its pretty much all been done. Its hard for me to find new music I like. Maybe you all could make some sugestions as to what to listen for.

Jesse,
You would know-who are the good trance bands? Also is Enigma considerd trance?
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet gone...

Craig. I dig Tool too ! So good. That is what I ment with good compositions... those guys can make music. I dig those guitar riffs! Bit dark, not to dark in my opinion.

Most bands get lame if they make it to the big business if you ask me.

I like "electronic" music as well. Like Trance. We got the best DJ in the world here in Holland, DJ Tiƫsto. I think Enigma is trance, but on the softer side of the spectrum.

Really go to go know..

Take care.
Vanilla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I am listening to

Prefuse 73

El-p

Boards of Canada

22/20's

The Streets

Massive Attack

Wham Very Happy

Tricky

Gonga

Maximo park

You probably haven't heard of most of these, You will probably like some and hate the others Laughing !!!

Oh yeah I quite like tool, that vid they did with Tricky is wicked
noahped

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to a lot of stuff...the new Silverchair album "Diorama" blows my mind everytime I listen to it...also like HUM a lot. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Radiohead...before that Chevelle.
silentoption

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Music - what do you listen to Reply with quote

someoneoutthere wrote:
Hi Jesse, and all posting peeps,

Maybe this will sound like a deja-vu or a re-run to some of you, but I am new here...

Jesse, I was just wondering what kind of music you like?

I am a big music lover, all kinds really. If the music composition is good, and lyrics are good, I am up for it. But I especially like hard rock, and metal rock. Twisted Evil Metallica Rules Twisted Evil

Cheers, and thanks already for your reply.

It depends on my mood I do like all kinds of music. Evanescence, Linkin Park, Aerosmith, Metallica, Kylie Minogue, Beyonce, Enya, Enigma, the Corrs and Blink 182 just to name a few.
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I like Evanescence too. I am not sure if the singer (Amy Lee, cutie by the way), writes her own songs, but they are good. Pulled a lot of songs from Kazaa some time ago. We don't have all the music of them out here in Europe, the older stuff.

I digged out some old cd's yesterday, from the back of a closed. I am embarrased. Got some 80's glam rock cd's... Poison, Def Leppard, Motley Crue. On the other hand, found some good ones too. Some Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. Good plan to digg out a closed from time to time.

Take care, appreciate your replies.

ps. I know Jimi / Led Zep are from the 70's ... but I am not that old... I am born in the 70's. Just appreciate good guitar bands/artists.

[/quote]
craigfox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy Lee has one of the most powerfully moving voices, I love it.

Bands like Jimmy(huge fan)The Doors, Zep...all that music is timeless, you did not have to be from that era to enjoy good music. I still listen to the Beatles. Some of you may laugh but those guys were inspired. Paul is still rockin, and peace be to John and George. I think ole Ringo still has a gig or two going on also. He was Mr. Conductor for a while, then Carlin took over. I stll get a laugh out of that.
Vanilla

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandparents house use to belong to Brian Epstein (Manager of the Beatles) you know and Macca use to own a house two doors away, It was on the Wirral near Liverpool, very posh Very Happy !!!
craigfox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats a cool little tid bit.

I just heard a metal band thats new to me called Black Label Society, they have there own sound , very rare for a new band. Great guitar work and the singer has got some skill also, another quality hard to find in new music.
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I see everyone is enjoying this thread. Now if only Miss J.C. (hmmm, I got a feeling where she might got her alias name now...) pops by to express her music thoughts... would be great.

Take care.
craigfox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give you an idea how diverse my tastes are in one drive I have Louis Armstrong and in the other I have Petey Pablo. Louis is an awsome trupet player and he makes me laugh. Now thats timeless music. I like that big band era sound. Jesse just posted that she was at 40 Duce, that I would like to see. Everyone dressed so slick back then. The way they danced was awsome.
As for the hip hop scene Petey is new to me. I kinda like that dirty south sound.(Outkast is cool too) Its good club music. I love watchin the ladies dance to the songs Freek A Leek and Vibrate. Got to love strippers who can shake it. They way he says Sweet Jesus! in the song Lets Roc makes me laugh too. Reminds me of the new set Jesse posted of her and Jana. HAVE MERCY ladies! Too hot honey woot The legs up on the couch shots....ohh...ohh my, more of that please.
Vanilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have all the time in the world by Louis Armstrong is one of my favorite songs ever.

also Other stuff I am listening to

Chemical brothers, push the button

Kasabian, Kasabian

Roni Size, all of his stuff but mainly reprazent

Joy Division/New order

Rival Schools/Quicksand

Deep Dish

Altern8, Oldskool!!!, you ll like this one Jesse cuz we did a House gig with them in Liverpool and it was fuckin wicked Twisted Evil

The Beatles, the later stuff when they where taking acid and discovering India Very Happy

the on going voices that tell me to kill and steal that are ever present in my head Very Happy
JesseCapelli
Official Model

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all types of music. I listen to alot of trance when I am driving. I love Enigma, B-Tribe, Massive attack, Hawaiian music, rock, like Nickleback, 3-11, Duran Duran, R&B, Usher, Janet Jackson, Little Kim, ect.
Jesse xoxo
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jesse! Thanks for your reply. Been a while, we missed you. Duran Duran sounds strange to my ears. They were hugh in Europe in the 80's (I think... yeah, think so... just going back on High School memory lane in my mind). I guess you like them because they made the song "Girls On Film" Laughing . I saw Duran Duran go by on this forum a couple of times, I guess they are still going strong in the US. They hardly bring out new stuff in Europe. But I could be looking in the wrong place at the music store though.

Personal note: still got that Motley Crue cd in my cd player. I kinda digg those songs in a strange way. Embarassed

Take care.
Vanilla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to danny the dog motion picture soundtrack by massive attack, s'good ya Smile !!!
craigfox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse,
I'm not sure how much you listen to hip-hop, I see you like Lil Kim, whom I honestly cant stand, but my friend Rene'e just hipped me to a couple of new videos. Ever since I saw the set of you and Adriana Sage I've had a new taste for hot chocolate. I recommend watching the new Ciara video featuring Ludacris. The way she moves is awsome and the way she bounces her ass on top of the baddass old Cuttless 442 is sexy as hell. You gotta love awoman who can ride a cock like a pro. Also a new one on me is Brooke Valentine. Watch the video Girlfight, the first time I saw it I thought of you. I'm not a huge hip-hop fan but I love a good beat and a sexy voice. Add the hot dance moves and I cant help but watch.
I also checked out B-Tribe and Massive's websites. Have you ever been on them? If not check um out. Out of the both of them what albums are the most worth spending my money on?
I never saw you as a Duran fan. I hate Duran with a passion! When I was young my aunt and cousin were so in love with Jon and Simon. I heard The Refex, Rio and Hungry Like The Wolf so many times I still have nightmares. Those guys are like 50 now. I thought the little comeback was funny and personally think there all a bunch of fags. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Wink
I think Nickleback sounds great but I'm not to fond of there singer. Women love him. I think he should change his lyrical content a bit, its to "chick rock" for me, but as I said I like the way they sound, just my opinion.

Last edited by craigfox on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many people, so many different tastes. I have my cd player still stuffed with Evanescence. Those lyrics get to me, as well as Amy's voice.

Found a Red Hot Chilli Pepper's cd... Californication. Those guys are good, but not heard much of them lately.

Hip-hop aint my cup of tea either. I can listen to it on the radio, or video clip on MTV, but would never buy a cd though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> Jesse Capelli Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: