What's New Free Games Free Tour Sign Up Members Area Message Board Links

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

DesertWolf might leave BonBon for good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: DesertWolf might leave BonBon for good Reply with quote

I must apologize but this is going to be very difficult for me to say so I may come across as angry or upset.

I've been asked to no longer participate on the BonBon forums and to remove my martial arts thread.The problem is choosing which do I value more:The history which was paid for in blood or the people here.I don't expect alot of people here to quite understand the problem but I was practically raised in the martial arts more so in the East than the West with very traditional individuals but I also have respect for you guys as well.

How all this came about: I talk to my teachers and friends often(it's how my martial arts thread came to be)and the central issue that they are finding is not the people but rather the "Western Mentality"that is present.What they mean is that it's acceptable to "rob"(the word used originally gets censored here)the Asian culture and history but not Western history.(I apologize again but this is upsetting me at the moment and I'll finish this tomorrow.)

– Bruce Lee
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clashing cultures. never good endings there.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks, enjoyed reading the styles you posted.

But dont put yourself in trouble.

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see.

Is understandable what your friends and teachers are saying and I don't blame them, but I don't think you should let them tell you not to hang out here.

No matter how beautiful the garden is, there are many insects out there, hiding under the petals, waiting for their victim.

(I'm sorry for some of you who like bugs. ^^!)

I don't care if you are removing your Martial art's threads, (I still love reading your martial art description, don't get me wrong), but I would like if you stay, for fun and chatting with us. Sad
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete your material arts topics then but please stay.

If you remove them let us know when, I started with one and I would like to copy them all and use them.

Please stay, I will cry if you leave.

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay, you don't have to give up this place just because somebody does'nt agree with your views.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I should state that I understand the conflict this can represent, at least to a degree. Unfortunatly, you're correct, a great many people do feel that way about Eastern and Western history and culture. However, what most people fail or refuse to even consider is that this can stem from a thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn. Granted, it can become twisted into greed and avarice, but the root is no less important. And while tradition is important and deserves respect, it only becomes a form of control and even slavery if you let it run your life. You have to recognize the fine line between the two; respect and control.

Secondly, who is it that asked you to do this and who are they to ask? If your teacher asks you not to spread their teachings yourself, they do have the right to ask that but only to an extent. If they ask you to remove what you've put here for those intrested, they have the right to ask. But what no one ever has the right to ask is what you do with your life. If you choose to spend your free time here, it is your choice to make, not theirs, and how dare they ask you to leave here.

You shared your knowledge here out of a desire to teach, did you not? To teach, to educate, is among the greatest and noblest of goals. It shows a caring for your fellow man. But what it boils down to in the end is one thing: respect. Respect for your teachers, respect for your friends, respect for us. In my opinion, this is what I recommend. Remove what you have posted here if you are willing. Your teacher has the right to ask that, but it is your decision. Stay here with us if you so desire. No one has the right to ask you to leave, with few exceptions found in this community here.
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent statement, Mr. Gray.

Could not have done it better myself.

Like Mr. Gray has said, you may remove your post on martial arts if you must, but I hope your conversation and mini rp with us here will maybe have you stay for more. ^w^
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to read this as well... better folk than I have already stated views I agree with fully. The wealth of knowledge in your thread on martial arts is something I would not like to lose, myself, I have enjoyed it and there is a lot more time I need to spend there. Smile

But I respect your decision, you have proven that you are thoughtful enough to make the best choice for the situation you find yourself in.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that I haven't read much of your thread, DesertWolf. Martial arts don't really interest me, so I've pretty much stayed out of it. However, I have noticed how much work you've put in it and how popular it is, so I too thin kthat it would be a shame to remove it.

The decision should be yours, of course. I'd like to hear more of this issue about you having to leave and having to remove the thread. I'm not sure I quite understand how this has come to be.

I'd also liek to know what your own feeligns and thought on your last paragraph are. D oyou feel that you've been robbing Asian culture by the things you've written here?

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blink dry I don't mean to afend to your teacher but I think your master is taking were we are from more than who we are... Well active members that is, i don't know about the ghosts.

Sorry Ashton. I think to deeply when i type.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.

Last edited by Drofgod969 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drof, either clean that up or delete it, please. That is completely illegible.
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go because your teacher said you have to. Its your life not his. Yes be respectful to his wishes but he should also respect yours if you wish to continue to stay and post.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take the road less traveled and say you may have to remove your thread. The martial arts are more than an interest. For many it is a lifestyle steeped in history and tradition. Tradition being the important word here. People have lived for it, fought for it and died for it.

If the thread is causing tension between you and your allies/teachers, than drop the thread. As a body gaurd, you need back up from them, to do your job and save your life. Creating a rift between yourself and your compatriots could be a fatal error.

Taking that into account, no one here is going to judge you harshly for doing what you have to do. RL before net life.

As far as leaving, you may have to push for compromise. Don't stand too rigid. "Bend Like A Reed in the Wind." No one is going to push you away if you leave for awhile and no one is going to lock you out if you choose to return. All things heal with time.

Peace.
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
relentless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be a huge shame to lose your martial arts threads i love reading about the history and styles you post i even try to practice and imitate the demonstrations you post (im no bruce lee but i think it has improved my technique greatly) in the end is up to you i wont complicate the decision beyond that as i can only imagine that their are enough complications for you to consider as it is
AlainDaishar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Wolf, You're a huge part of this community, that was clear from when I first joined.... Everything that i would say has already been eloquently stated by Mr. Ashton Gray. But, of course, anything that we say may merely complicate your decision. So... remove anything and everything that you have to. If you could, however, please stay with the community here. We'll all understand if you can't though. Real life and live friendships and relationships before online.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid my slot has been vacant through all this, so I can't really add to this other than I truly don't understand the problem. You've shared your knowlege. Are people claiming your work for their own? Fighting you on your opinions or culture?

I'm afraid my hands are in the air on this.
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay t---t please stay t--t
Mystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if I may, I hope when you do come to a decision, you'll stick with it.

Once again, forgive me, but I find it quite annoying when someone says they're leaving and then stick around for a month just to reply to every single thing that comes up about the possibility if they're leaving.

LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he still here or did he decide to go?
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw his username in the "users browsing this forum", once in a while, but now I think he really left the forum. Sad

*sigh* Oh, Well. Hope he's doing good and taking care of himself.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing myself, as I've seen his username online a couple of times as well. It would have been nice to hear an anwer from him, but I can understand why he might choose to just depart. In any event, I hope he's well.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he's just downgraded to lurker mode?

I still don't see why he would have to leave. All he had to do was just stop posting about his Kung-Fu, right?

Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks at the list of people browsing forum*

Ha, Hes browsing right now.

I really liked reading his kung-fu threads, I took Kung-fu lesson till i was 18.

(RL) I was a brown belt before I quit.

I understand why they asked him to stop, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't drop in for a visit.
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrugs.* Maybe he's not leaving us for good (yet?). I hope not. ^^!

Is one of those days, you log yourself in, just to see and read what people's post on the threads that mostly interest him/her and don't post anything because you don't feel like posting anything, yet. *shrugs.*
DesertWolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all concerned,

I'm currently here(I'll let you figure it out): http://www.youtube.com/user/CondeFombrilac#p/u/0/G_d_vMMgv54

http://www.youtube.com/user/CondeFombrilac#p/u/8/9sdR7PV-MrQ

I'll attempt to answer some of the questions here:

The reasons why my masters and friends have asked me not to post are as follows:

The time period:1895 was not a good time to be a martial artist.Most of Asia and even America was awash in bloodshed and turmoil. Martial arts were banned and martial artists were considered anti-government.A person caught practicing or teaching martial arts could be punished by having his joints,fingers,toes,limbs,and even head cut off.In America, the racial discrimination of the Chinese immigrants was so great that not only were there massacres but Congress passed various laws including the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 which prohibited the immigration of the Chinese for 10 years. In 1892 another law The Geary Act again stopped the immigration of the Chinese in America.In Japan, the Haitōrei Edict of 1876 banned the public carrying of the sword.As such,sword smiths either killed themselves or made kitchen/farming tools.Kenjutsu(Art of the Sword)schools closed as well as many other martial arts schools at this time.

2)As Chaos said,the martial arts are a lifestyle during this period.Teachers only selected students that exhibited certain qualities.

3)Weapons--Japanese swords are made in a certain way which includes a deep spiritual practice.Sword smiths prayed to either Buddha or the Kami(spirits or gods)long before the Tamahagane(jewel steel)is brought to them.Even during the blade making process,the smiths would continue praying daily every morning until the blade was finished.

Now to answer some of the other questions.

Symphony:Like any family,my teachers and friends want me to succeed at anything I'm doing be it a thread or protecting someone.Of course when talking with them I omit certain things about BonBon but the time period remains.If BonBon were in more modernized times this wouldn't be an issue but the time period is what it is and I can't change it.As for disrespecting the culture I'd have to say no.I go out of my way to explain everything so people can understand what I'm saying.If that makes me wrong then I don't want to be right.

Labrn:The removal of the information contained in my thread goes back to an old martial arts custom in which masters would destroy their teachings before letting their skills be used for the wrong purposes.And to put this in a perspective you can understand,it's taking things from people who're oppressed,discriminated against,and having their blood spilled to get an ounce of respect and freedom and saying it's in good fun is seen as disrespectful considering that Westerners were at the forefront of the problems at hand.

Lidia:I currently don't have a lot of time to post anything.

– Bruce Lee
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in Japan, Mr. DesertWolf?

I know you will not have the time to post here for a while, but I'm glad you gave away a little of your time here. And thank you for answering everyone's questions. ^w^

Take care. :3
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As jester, I would seem, but in the end... I understand. I truly do...

Be well.
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear your still around desert.

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: