Archive of www.eAdultGames.com featuring Erotic Online Adult Games

Click here to go to the original topic

FF7 gets a remake

Forum Index -> General Discussions

DesertWolf

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: FF7 gets a remake  

After years of teasing and disappointments Square has finally relented and will be making a remake of FF7 for the playstation first.

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg
Rune174

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject:  

I saw the trailer yesterday. Makes me so glad to have purchased a PS4
Caroline

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:  

(( DesertWolf,

I'm very mixed on this. I enjoyed FFVII on my PlayStation... but I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough to get a remake of it. If nothing else, I do know how it ends... unless they changed it.

Rune174,

I'm also mixed on getting a PS4. Right now, the only game I'm really interested in for a PS4 is Disgaea 5, of all things. Though... apparently, Persona 5 will be offered for the PS4 as well as the PS3. ))
DesertWolf

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:  

(( DesertWolf,

I'm very mixed on this. I enjoyed FFVII on my PlayStation... but I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough to get a remake of it. If nothing else, I do know how it ends... unless they changed it.

From the interviews I've read, Square intends to change the story and combat system. The only original part will be the Honey Bee Inn.

Rune174

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject:  

@Caroline. If I may make a suggestion in terms of games to get, I would highly suggest Bloodborne. Even if you are not a Dark Souls game, this game breaks the traditional formula with unique transforming weapons and a world that is out to get you. Plus you can play with 2 other people online.
Caroline

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:  

(( Hey Rune174,

I would consider it... however... here is the current back-log of games I have to finish

PC 1 ) Yumei Miru Kusuri -- STARTED -- (I've paused myself from playing this... as...the maladaptive tendancy hits the game has already given me have... me a bit shaken, as... I can remember doing similar aspects growing up. I'm... a bit startled at how close the beginnings of this game hit home with me)
PC 2 ) Little Witch Romanesque --CONDITIONALLY COMPLETED -- (I've partly finished it... but haven't unlocked everything... and I love the art, so... I want to unlock everything.)
PC 3 ) Schooldays HQ --CONDITIONALLY COMPLETED -- (I've partially finished it, but haven't unlocked everything)
PC 4 ) Rondo 2 --WORKING THROUGH -- (I'm... almost finished it? It's hard to tell, as I think the storyline does have pathway forks, but my Japanese isn't good enough to tell, and I'm not that familiar with Japanese-game-standards, such as user interfaces)
PC 5 ) Tsuki -- Possession -- STARTED -- (I've started it... but I'm not sure if I'm going to want to finish it. It's... a lot more brutal than I enjoy.)
PC 6 ) Virgin Roster -- STARTED -- (Also started it, but also not sure if I'm going to finish it, as it's way more... crewl than I enjoy.))
PC 7 ) Racettear: An Item Shop's tale -- STARTED -- (I was about 1/2-way through, but never finished it.)
PC 8 ) Aliens: Colonial Marines -- STARTED -- (Started, but became highly disappointed it in... not sure if I'm going to finish it.)

PSVITA 1 ) Criminal Girls: Invite Only --WORKING THROUGH -- (I think I'm about 85% done...)
PSVITA 2 ) Corpse Party -- STARTED -- (I was at day 2... I think... but now i'm back to the beginning-beginning again)
PSVITA 3 ) Hypderdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection -- STARTED -- (I... like the game, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to want to finish it.)
PSVITA 4 ) Disgaea 3: Abscence of Detention --CONDITIONALLY COMPLETED -- (I'm technically done with the game... so now I'm unlocking all the extra people you can unlock)

PS3 1 ) The Evil Within --WORKING THROUGH -- (Finally got to chapter 8...)
PS3 2 ) Batman: Arkham City -- STARTED -- (I think I'm about... 15% done)
PS3 3 ) Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten --CONDITIONALLY COMPLETED -- (I'm finished with the main game; however, I think I'm only 70% done with the D.E.S.C.O and Fuka Show DLC)
PS3 4 ) Witch and the Hundred Knight --WORKING THROUGH-- (I'm at the true final-final boss... just... need to figure out how to beat him)
PS3 5 ) Atlier Rorona -- STARTED -- (I was pretty far into the game, and then realized that a unique, id est ONLY ONE, material I had already used, not realizing it was unique... now I have to completely start over)
PS3 6 ) Catherine -- STARTED -- (If I could just finish this boss dungeon... I keep almost getting it... I'm pretty sure a whole crapton of new stuff will unlock. Otherwise, I'm stuck on this Nightmare 2 loop, that reminds me of a very dark Groundhog's Day)
PS3 7 ) Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money --WORKING THROUGH-- (I made it to the vault... now I have to find where the controls are... before my collar goes off... also, technically, I have yet to actually finish the main game itself)

And... my on-line experience with other folks is still... mediocre, at best.

HOLY CRAP!!!! Valkyria Chronicles is on STEAM now... on sale!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Um... *cough* yes, anyway.

So... I'll take it under consideration, Rune174, but... it may be a while. ))
DesertWolf

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:  

Official trailer with gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc
Rune174

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject:  

My excitement quickly turned to bile... my god FFVII, what have they done to you?!
Jerin Nekros

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:  

Rune174 wrote: My excitement quickly turned to bile... my god FFVII, what have they done to you?!

One word that crushed any real hope i had for this, episodic <.<
Rune174

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:  

If they had the sense, they only really needed to update the graphics and the game would have sold like hotcakes. Why SE keeps pushing their idea of what they think the fans will enjoy is beyond me. Maybe I'm being too skeptical on this, but I'd rather play the old version.
DesertWolf

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:  

After watching some interviews I will Cliff Notes(TL;DR) them into this:

The game will be episodic because of the amount of content Square plans on releasing and according to them, couldn't fit onto one disc.(For those not paying attention,the game has been translated and has English voice acting meaning the game is pretty much ready for release.)

The game will also have an active combat system or to use a simple analogy: "Gamers like to button smash to kick ass!".
Jerin Nekros

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject:  

you're telling me that somehow they have so much content they can't fit it on 1-2 blu-rays? Nevermind the fact that anymore games have to be installed on the console anyway so it's not like we'd be worried about disc swapping at all.
DesertWolf

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject:  

Jerin Nekros wrote: you're telling me that somehow they have so much content they can't fit it on 1-2 blu-rays? Nevermind the fact that anymore games have to be installed on the console anyway so it's not like we'd be worried about disc swapping at all.

According to the devs, yes. Many video games have more content and story lines written out but often gets cut from the final product. Sometimes the extra content is used as DLC which I suspect is going on here.

Forum Index -> General Discussions
Click here to go to the original topic

Page 1 of 1